Samsung Dishwasher Leak

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 24, 2021
I bought a Samsung dishwasher in 2019. The motor had to be replaced in 2020, then on Christmas Day I discovered water under the dishwasher. The main gasket on the bottom of the dishwasher was leaking and my floor is ruined. The dishwasher cabinet is beside my sink and the leak was in the back corner, so there was no evidence of water damage until the floor was wet all the way out in front of the sink and through 2 layers of old linoleum. Samsung replaced the dishwasher and have offered me $4200 for repairs. The estimates from ServiceMaster and ServePro are $3700, then I have to replace cabinets, counter tops, and a new floor. My house was built in 1952 so the cabinets are not removable units but are all connected and screwed to the walls in the back, basically the wall provides the back of the cabinet. I have not involved my insurance company because I thought I could negotiate on my own, but the offer is way to low in my opinion. The contractor estimates to get my kitchen back in order are $11,000 - $14,000. I know there will be some depreciation, but I had a usable safe kitchen before and I am expecting to have that again. Thoughts? Should I get my insurance involved? Get an attorney involved?

Chickenchicken

VoR61

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
I would, in this order, present your case for additional reimbursement, especially since Samsung has already made an offer;
• Samsung
• Insurance
• Attorney

Politely state the circumstances as you explained them here, and be careful to avoid expressions of anger, criticism, and disappointment

Suggestion
You can escalate this VIA EMAIL using the information provided in the following links

Resolving Complaints
composing and sending effective emails
Company Contacts
restrict your content to 500 words or less

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
I bought a Samsung dishwasher in 2019. The motor had to be replaced in 2020, then on Christmas Day I discovered water under the dishwasher. The main gasket on the bottom of the dishwasher was leaking and my floor is ruined. The dishwasher cabinet is beside my sink and the leak was in the back corner, so there was no evidence of water damage until the floor was wet all the way out in front of the sink and through 2 layers of old linoleum. Samsung replaced the dishwasher and have offered me $4200 for repairs. The estimates from ServiceMaster and ServePro are $3700, then I have to replace cabinets, counter tops, and a new floor. My house was built in 1952 so the cabinets are not removable units but are all connected and screwed to the walls in the back, basically the wall provides the back of the cabinet. I have not involved my insurance company because I thought I could negotiate on my own, but the offer is way to low in my opinion. The contractor estimates to get my kitchen back in order are $11,000 - $14,000. I know there will be some depreciation, but I had a usable safe kitchen before and I am expecting to have that again. Thoughts? Should I get my insurance involved? Get an attorney involved?

Chickenchicken
Get your home insurance company involved, just as in an auto accident. The insurance company has leverage to negotiate with Samsung that you do not have.

Jun 24, 2019
Been there, done that. As Weihlac's suggests, contact your home insurer. Your insurance policy probably requires you to provide prompt notice of ptential claims.

Reactions: MAZ
Dec 10, 2018
And - don't say this in any messages to Samsung - but never buy another Samsung dishwasher! Or, frankly, any other kitchen appliance. They are very pretty, but not reliable. I've had 2 dishwashers, one range and one refrigerator - all top of the line Samsungs - fail, just past warranty periods. In my rural area, no technician can/will work on them, because Samsung corporate is no more helpful to technicians than to customers. Love their TVs, but not their appliances.