• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

Refund for an order made with Amazon Gift Card

Jan 15, 2020
I am from Brazil and in October I was on a trip to Miami and Orlando, I made an order and the payment was part on a gift card and part on my personal credit card. While the first order was in transit, I decided to buy my laptop at Amazon website, then I bought a gift card filled with 500$ on the Wallgreens closest to my hotel and finally I made the purchase. The gift card was validated by the cashier and by Amazon website before I made my order, but a few hours later I received an email telling that my gift card was violating the gift card policies, all my orders were cancelled and my account was put on hold. After two weeks I think and after a lot of wait for emails, my account was reinstated, but I did not receive the refund for the 500$ gift card, even thought I received the full refund for the another order that was made part of gift card and part of my credit card.

I already tried to contact customer service about this problem and I always receive the information that I will get a response by email within 24h-48h but this email never appear.

What else can I do? Is there some way to get my $500 gift card back?

RLB

May 28, 2019
Was the purchase supposed to be shipped by Amazon to an address in the United States? If so, was this an address that your account had shipped Amazon merchandise in the past?

BittyBoo

Jul 30, 2018
Unfortunately the gift card you bought at Walgreens may have been compromised. Do you still have the receipt from the Walgreens purchase?

Reactions: VoR61
Jan 15, 2020
Did you buy the gift card from an legitimate store and have the receipt for the gift card?
Yes! I bought in a Wallgreens and I still have the receipt.
I already sent an email to jeff@amazon.com with my case and the receipts but they just answered saying that sensitive information was required and that I have to call to customer service.

Jan 15, 2020
Was the purchase supposed to be shipped by Amazon to an address in the United States? If so, was this an address that your account had shipped Amazon merchandise in the past?
Yes, I did the purchase using the hotel address, but was the first time using it.

Jan 15, 2020
Have you used these Amazon contacts by email:
https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/amazon/
I already tried to contact all of these emails, but only with jeff@amazon.com I got a response but nothing that can help, because when I try to use the link provided the seller service make a call and tell that I have to call another number.

"
Hello,

After looking into your inquiry, I feel we could best resolve this concern for you over the phone as we need more information (account details, security verification, etc) which cannot be discussed over email.

Please reach us by phone so that you can speak to us and we'll get this right for you.

Only you have to is just click the below link and enter your country and enter your number and we will call you instantly. Rest assured that it'll be resolved at the earliest.

Call: https://amzn.to/2fjlWli

If you can't access this feature, here are our customer service phone numbers:

- U.S. and Canada: 888-280-4301
- International: 1-206-266-2992

We're available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Thanks for your patience and understanding. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,
Rahul S
"

Jan 15, 2020
Why did you purchase a gift card and not use your personal credit card?
I had the money and I was planning to bought on a physical store, but I didn't find the model that I wanted, so I thought that a gift was a good idea to use that money, because in Brazil we use another currency.

Jan 15, 2020
Unfortunately the gift card you bought at Walgreens may have been compromised. Do you still have the receipt from the Walgreens purchase?
But I think that if was compromised, Amazon website was not increase my gift card balance when I tried to redeem the card. I still have the receipt.

Feb 11, 2018
Wasn't there a similar problem posted recently? A person from South America (Argentina) + Amazon gift cards purchased at Walgreens + computer purchase from Amazon + delivery to a hotel.... All raise red flags.

Reactions: jsn55

BittyBoo

Jul 30, 2018
Wasn't there a similar problem posted recently? A person from South America (Argentina) + Amazon gift cards purchased at Walgreens + computer purchase from Amazon + delivery to a hotel.... All raise red flags.
Yep: High balance Amazon gift cards+electronic purchases+ foreign addresses =disaster. Clearly this scenario is a factor in Amazon's security algorithm.

Reactions: jsn55