Priceline refused date change

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 9, 2017
I recently attempted to purchase a ticket and was issued the wrong departure date. Pricelines website wasn't working properly and contacted them via live chat to report it. I then receive an itinerary with the wrong date but since I didn't check my email immediately and called today they say they can't fix the date because the airline won't let them, though my itinerary states 'airline change penalties will apply'.I called Virgin, they have a change penalty for a fee but Priceline still refuses and will not address their website malfunction because I used live chat and didn't call. I'm beside myself at the thought my option from them was to repurchase! I wrote to customer care executive but have heard nothing. What can I do?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
The website books the dates you put in on
it, so you had to enter the wrong dates, you have 24 hours to make a change st no charge.

Was this a Name Your Own
price ticket? If it was it is non cancelable, non changeable snd nonrefundable:

1. In addition, the following restrictions apply to priceline.com's Name Your Own Price® airline service and to Priceline’s Flight + Car package services:
    1. All tickets are non-refundable, non-cancellable, non-endorsable and non-changeable. At the time your Request is accepted, your method of payment will be charged for the amount shown, regardless of whether or not the airline ticket is used. Credit will not be given for any unused airline tickets and cannot be used toward any future purchases;
    2. Once a priceline.com Request is submitted, it cannot be modified by you;
What does your confirmation say about cancellations?

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I'm so sorry, Zenee. Dealing with an online booking agency is always a bad idea, and this is why. The reason everything is so cheap is because they have no customer service personnel to speak of. As far as your issue being solved via telephone or chat ... they have a record of your chat so I'm not sure why they are penalizing you for using that service.

ADVOCATE ADVICE

When booking any travel on the internet, be sure that you receive a confirmation and that you review it carefully the minute it arrives in your email inbox. Many problems can be solved if you react immediately, few problems can be solved a week later.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2015
When I do live chat I always have an option to email myself a transcript of the chat session. Is there a possibility that you had done this? That would go a long way into helping your cause. Can you share other details of the story? Was everything a month off, a day off, a few hours?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
what was the resolution in this matter. I am currently embroiled in a dispute with PriceLine and would like to know the outcome of this matter. Thanks in advance
This is an old post and the writer has not been back. You should start a separate post but need to include all details.

But one thing to know before you post- if it was for a non refundable airline ticket and you did not contact Priceline within 24 hours if buying the ticket then they cannot just fix it. You usually have to pay a change fee and buy a new ticket.

All the airlines are the same in this regard.,

Nov 14, 2016
This is an old post and the writer has not been back. You should start a separate post but need to include all details.

But one thing to know before you post- if it was for a non refundable airline ticket and you did not contact Priceline within 24 hours if buying the ticket then they cannot just fix it. You usually have to pay a change fee and buy a new ticket.

All the airlines are the same in this regard.,
Neil, they have started a thread already.

http://forum.elliott.org/threads/priceline-hotel-refund-dispute.6550/

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Thanks for that. I guess I was confused why they would come back after they started the other thread and already had answers.

So my new response- you javevteplies on the thread you started. The writer of this thread never came back so we have no way of knowing what the outcome was.

Mar 9, 2017
Sorry for not writing back sooner. My ticket was not a name your own price ticket, I purchased it normally through priceline. My ticket was supposed to be for a departure on a monday and was issued with a departure of Tuesday. When I went back to their site and tried it again, it changed the date again. I had my dad try it on his computer, same result. I had my neice in Washington try it and same result, dates were always changed no matter the date we tried, it always came out a day before or a day after. When I contacted Priceline, their first response was that they knew the site was having issues as it had been reported by other users but they still said they could do nothing for me because my ticket agreement was actually with Virgin. I contacted Virgin and they said, wrong, Priceline buys in bylk from us so after that the rules are all at pricleines discretion. Virgin told me they changes dates for a fee but since I didnt buy directly from them I am at Pricelines mercy. I talked to 4 or 5 people at Priceline customer service before I found this forum. In the forum it listed the CEOs email address and I wrote to him. After 2 months of BS back and forth they finally "let" me pay a fee and change my date. The kicker was my ticket was originally $477, to get the date changed cost me $508. So much for saving money. If I was traveling solo I would have just left a day later but I am traveling with 11 family members, including my elderly father and I needed to be there for him and them. Not a single person ever even hinted that they should fix this because their site was not functioning. Each time I brought this up, they would just revert back to their scripted responses, Were very sorry, but nothing we can do. Luckily this happened only to me as the rest of my family that hadnt purchased tickets yet refused to use priceline. I'd say they'll keep losing customers, but when people want to save a dollar they will still be willing to take a chance with Priceline. I and my family will not.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
If the date changed that means whatever date you were looking for wasn't available. Not every airline flies where you need to go every day. If the date kept changing was that a possibility?

Did you do call Priceline as soon as you received the confirmation with wrong dates? You have 24 hours in most cases to correct a ticket with no fees.

Mar 9, 2017
I did not call priceline immediately and that was my mistake. I made the booking while at work and so did not get a chance to review my email until the next day. I understood the the 24 hour rule but to acknowledge your website malfunction and not just give me a credit was wrong in my opinion. And the date i wanted was available, that is not why the website changed my date. I know the date was available because they offered to sell me another ticket with the date I wanted originally.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I did not call priceline immediately and that was my mistake. I made the booking while at work and so did not get a chance to review my email until the next day. I understood the the 24 hour rule but to acknowledge your website malfunction and not just give me a credit was wrong in my opinion. And the date i wanted was available, that is not why the website changed my date. I know the date was available because they offered to sell me another ticket with the date I wanted originally.
If they have you any inclination of a website problem I would suggest you use our company contacts and start writing to the executives, one at a time, once a week.

If those flights were not available on your dates, it should have shown as not available, nor changed the dates. I could see a user error but you had 2 other people attempt to make the same booking and it just doesn't see possible to me that 3 people could make the same error so I am thinking this is a computer error, not human.

If you get through all the executives and don't get satisfaction, let us know and we will tell you your next steps.

Mar 9, 2017
When I contacted Priceline, their first response was that they knew the site was having issues as it had been reported by other users but they still said they could do nothing for me because my ticket agreement was actually with Virgin. I contacted Virgin and they said, wrong, Priceline buys in bylk from us so after that the rules are all at pricleines discretion. Virgin told me they changes dates for a fee but since I didnt buy directly from them I am at Pricelines mercy. I talked to 4 or 5 people at Priceline customer service before I found this forum. In the forum it listed the CEOs email address and I wrote to him. After 2 months of BS back and forth they finally "let" me pay a fee and change my date. The kicker was my ticket was originally $477, to get the date changed cost me $508.
I will try that when I get back. I leave in a few weeks for my trip and I dont want to start something I cant finish. Thank you for the information.