Price Guarantee at Booking.com is worthless

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

What is the best way to get these firms to respond?

• Social Media

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Letter to CEO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sep 23, 2015
I reserved 8 rooms for 2 nights for a reunion and got confirmation numbers for these rooms and prices from both Booking.com and Red Roof Inn. In the end I got the correct price for 7 of the 8 rooms but had to pay 4X the price for the 8th room. This cost me an extra $315.88. I have submitted several on-line complaints with both firms but as yet have no satisfactory response. Booking.com advertises the price is guaranteed.

R

Realitoes

Did you get a confirmation email with the cost you originally reserved the rooms at? Did you pre-pay or did you pay at the hotel? What was the response from booking.com and the hotel about your situation?

Sep 23, 2015
Did you get a confirmation email with the cost you originally reserved the rooms at? Did you pre-pay or did you pay at the hotel? What was the response from booking.com and the hotel about your situation?
Yes, I actually got several confirmations with the price & confirmation # and printed the documents. I paid at the hotel. I have received no response from Bookiing.com since my stay except for an automated response.

B

bodega3

So booking.com allowed you to book 8 rooms in one reservation or did you make 8 different reservations?

Sep 23, 2015
So booking.com allowed you to book 8 rooms in one reservation or did you make 8 different reservations?
I booked 8 rooms for a reunion 9 months ahead of the event and got confirmation from Booking.com for all 8. The Reservations, confirmation and price guarantee for all 8 rooms prints out on one sheet.
I am finally getting a response from Booking.com so standby.

Sep 23, 2015
Did you ask at the hotel why the 8th room was more than the others?
Of course I did! They claim Booking.com only sent 7 of the 8 bookings and Booking.com claims they sent all 8. Red Roof got gave me a room at the "going rate" of 4X the price on my confirmation / reservation. I had also verified a confirmation# with Red Roof Inn but the Hotel Manager said he would not honor that. Seems like a breech of contract to me.

Bookiing.com has finally started to respond so Standby.

Sep 23, 2015
Let us know how you make out.
I used the corporate names and email addresses provided by the TravelTroubleshooter web site for Booking.com. Once I sent emails to the executives I got a flurry of responses from Customer Services. They just told me that I will be getting a refund next week for $315.84. I take it back, their price guarantee was honored and they are a good company.

Oct 14, 2015
most price guarantees have so many conditions they are virtually useless, but suck people in to thinking they are cheapest, so they don't need to spend time shopping around.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Of course I did! They claim Booking.com only sent 7 of the 8 bookings and Booking.com claims they sent all 8. Red Roof got gave me a room at the "going rate" of 4X the price on my confirmation / reservation. I had also verified a confirmation# with Red Roof Inn but the Hotel Manager said he would not honor that. Seems like a breech of contract to me.

Bookiing.com has finally started to respond so Standby.
Wow, Willi, that hotel manager has some nerve! I'm so glad you followed our advice and got it all straightened out. So often, people just walk away grumbling from these kinds of things and the manager gets away with it again.

ADVOCATE ADVICE
When you do a special booking (many rooms, months away, etc) with an OTA, verify all the information directly with the hotel as soon as you have the confirmation information. Verify it again a month or two out. Hotels seem to do the oddball dance when it comes to anything out of the ordinary; I've seen lots of problems, even if you book directly with the hotel.

Oct 14, 2015
had a hotel in Auckland NZ go broke on us. The hotel had our credit card, but didn't charge it.

The new owners said if we had paid, they would have honoured the booking, but as they hadn't, we either had to pay a lot more or had no booking. Seems strange you can hold bookings at hotels & they don't even pre-authorise some amounts.

Other catch ... relative booked a NYC apartment when AUD$ was strong, about AUD$1 = USD$0.90. Sais she only had to pay 10% deposit, BUT, AUD$ dropped to USD$0.60 quickly & she ending up paying 50% more in AUD$ than if she had paid in full to start with.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I used the corporate names and email addresses provided by the TravelTroubleshooter web site for Booking.com. Once I sent emails to the executives I got a flurry of responses from Customer Services. They just told me that I will be getting a refund next week for $315.84. I take it back, their price guarantee was honored and they are a good company.
I still differ in the opinion they are good- you shouldn't have had to jump through hoops to get the price match. You dealt with no responses to your initial problem and no resolution until you got hold of executives. Thats poor service. But at least you got what was due you.