1. Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
    Dismiss Notice

Post Dry Dock Blues

Discussion in 'Carnival' started by CCS, Feb 16, 2017 at 8:33 PM.

1. CCS

CCS

We are booked on the Carnival Glory with my kids for a spring break cruise on March 18. We booked the cruise back in October. After booking, I realized it was scheduled for dry dock 2/25-3/10. I did not think it would be a big deal since we are the second cruise post-dry dock. This week Carnival finally posted the scheduled dry dock upgrades and they plan to add Waterworks (a water playground.) They also mentioned that the water slide, 1 pool, and 1 hot tub are closed 2/12-3/25 as they will be doing work pre and post dry dock. Waterworks is not scheduled to open until 3/25! That means NO slides will be available during my cruise. I am so disappointed for my kids that they will not have any slides to use on sea days. If I had been made aware of this at the time of booking I would have planned to take another ship since my kids really love the slides. This is going to be a spring break cruise FULL of kids who will have to stare at the brand new Waterworks and be super disappointed that they cannot use it. Do you think I am entitled to any type of compensation from Carnival at all for this inconvenience that I was not made aware of at the time of booking?

2. jsn55

Staff Member Advocate

Bad marks for Carnival to withhold this info during spring break time. Why not give them a call and see if you can book a different ship? I think it's Carnival who owns several of the big cruise lines, so there may be some wiggle room here. Some of my colleagues are cruise experts, so no doubt they'll be along shortly.

Neil likes this.
  3. cp556

cp556 Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

Did you book with a travel agent? If so, go to them immediately ... Carnival won't speak directly with you if there's an agent in the picture.

If you booked directly with Carnival, you have a PVP (Personal Vacation Planner). Call that person. Verify what you read about which slides/pools are open and closed on Carnival Glory. Although you booked months ago and have paid in full already, if what you've read is correct Carnival has significantly altered the amenities available on your ship for your sailing.

And if that's the case, I WOULD request accommodation on another ship whose features are not affected. They have several ships also doing 7-nt Eastern Caribbean (as the Glory is doing March 18).

If you would accept a cruise credit to help alleviate your disappointment, make that clear as well.

Be sure to keep records of who you speak with and what is discussed. If your initial phone call does not bring the desired result, check our Company Contacts (top of this page) and send an email to Customer Service with your request. Be polite, succinct and factual.

If you don't get the reply you're looking for in a few days, escalate your email to the first executive shown ... and continue up the chain as needed. (NOTE: We normally suggest not phoning at all, and allowing a week for email replies, but your cruise is in four weeks and time is of the essence.)

jsn55, Patina, George M and 3 others like this.
  4. CCS

CCS

I tried customer service with no luck. Their reply was "We are not offering any compensation for this situation." I am now emailing the first executive on the list and will let you know. Thanks!

5. Mike Z

Staff Member Advocate

if you get a positive response, can you please post the letter you wrote so that others can see what may work and modify it to suit their needs? We always advise that you be kind but firm. Don't just ask them if they can do anything, tell them what you expect. Above all, don't blame them for issues or imply that they are scamming you in any way.

Patina and cp556 like this.