Point Credit from SPG Not Given When Booked Thru Liberty Travel

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Nov 18, 2015
Hi everyone, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. If I had the points earned from my stay with the Westin then I would have enough for a free night, in which case I would be enticed to make plans to travel.

Thanks once again for all your help.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I was booking hotels for a trip in March this afternoon and noticed that all Hilton properties have a disclaimer that various goodies are extended to their HHonors members ... when booking direct with the hotel.

I totally understand why the hotels are trying to convince people to book directly. When an OTA doesn't do the job properly, the innocent people at the front desk take all the grief from the traveller. This makes it tough on hotel management; it affects morale as well as productivity. The OTA traveller writes terrible reviews of the hotel, makes all kinds of trouble for the hotel ... which didn't cause the problem in the first place. Hotels don't want to pay commissions either, of course, but those are negligible.