Palladium travel club scam

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 3, 2018
My fiancee and I vacationed in Jamaica July 2017 and purchased a travel club membership from Palladium but it was a revised one. It allowed us 28 days anywhere there was a Palladium and also 1 free week all inclusive anywhere else. All we would be paying for are the flight cost. This came at a cost of 4000 and 860 was to be paid before we could start vacationing and after that we would pay 47.50 a month until the final payment of 4000 is paid. After the final payment the Free all inclusive vacation anywhere in the world could be utilized. All this sounded like a great deal, until it came to me reserving a vacation at one of the resorts and they told me that we would have to pay a cost of 1500 dollars once we checked in. They said this would be the same each time we would reserve a vacation. Why would we even agree to something so crazy knowing we spent 4000 dollars already? That would mean that we would at least be spending around 3to 4000 more each time we decided to vacation. I told the agent that that was not part of our agreement and I needed to speak with a manager and she referred me to a Palladium representative. I emailed her on numerous occasions and she seemed as though she was there to help based on the email. She kept saying she called and set up appt times but I never received any. She finally contacted my fiancee and the call was not helpful at all and she said the lady was rude and made it seem as though she should not be speaking with her without consulting with me. They spoke again on 04/02/18 and alot of the same happened. It was not very helpful and we just want to plan our honeymoon and not worry about the cost. We work hard for our money and rather not be spending it on something like this.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Unfortunately if you read the posts we have about time shares this is one area that we really can’t do much with other than showing you any company contacts we have.

Did you get that offer in writing or only verbally? This is one of the biggest scams out there- they promise the world verbally but not in writing. And if it’s not in the contract- it doesn’t exist.

Your only true option in is to get an attorney.

Wish I had better news for you.

Apr 3, 2018
The thing is they tried to make it seem as though it wasn't a time share. It is in contract and when we called trying to verify they changed up what they said. I'll look to get an attorney then. Thank you.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Travel club, time share - they are essentially the same. They put you in a room and do a strong armed sale and promise you the world but don't write it in the contract - it is simply a scam.

Unfortunately - you have a signed contract and you will need an attorney to try to get you out from under it.

Apr 10, 2017
These companies know there's a negative connotation to the term "timeshare" so they try everything they can to market themselves differently. At the end of the day it's the same thing. There are entire companies that specialize in extricating people from these scams. It could be worth looking into hiring one. Good luck and congratulation on the upcoming wedding.

Apr 3, 2018
Ok that was my worst fear to have to go that route. They say one thing and try and twist the information on the contract to mean different. It's enough on our plate and to deal with this mess is ridiculous. Thank you so much for the suggestions. Fingers crossed!

Apr 3, 2018
It is definitely the same thing and we figured it out pretty early. It seemed like a great deal until now. Thank you for the Congrats!

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
We had someone who was successful a while ago in getting rid of theirs - this is old so I don't know if it will help:
http://forum.elliott.org/threads/palladium-travel-club-product-misrepresentation.245/

Before you go the attorney route though, try using our company contacts and doing what the poster above did. Detail what you were told that wasn't put in writing and what you acutally discovered. Read the information on the Company Contacts tab on top of the forums about how to write (one st a time once a week). You have nothing to lose by giving this a shot before going to an attorney.

http://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/palladium-travel-club/

Unfortunately, that's how these companies work - they pray on folks that are already there enjoying themselves and make it look like a great deal to keep coming back. The truth is you can go to a new place every year for less money than it costs to join a travel club. And if it was such a great deal - they would let you think it over for a night and come back the next day if you still want it. They tell you the deal will only be there for that day to try and grab you while they have you captive and before you can go online and do research to see if anyone has ever been ripped off by them.
http://www.elliott.org/is-this-a-scam/afraid-victims-scam/

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUse...nial_Resort_Spa-Akumal_Yucatan_Peninsula.html