Over my objection Target keeps sending me Surveys

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 6, 2018
I only want to receive communication on my orders. I have contacted them many times to opt me out of these surveys as I do not have the time to fill them out and they are filling up my email and causing me work and becoming overburdensome and not making me feel like a Target "guest". I contact them by phone and my chat. They have not email address nor will they let me speak with anyone at the CEO's office about how the representatives will not give out operator ID or any other way of identifying the person so I can reference them in my letter. They also will not give me the address of the CEO. All the unfriendly responses do not make me feel like a "guest' or doing business with them. All this covert stuff and the lack of cooperating with turning off the unwanted emails have left me with a sour taste in my mouth for Brian Cornell's lack of leadership on these matters. Their policies are unreasonable and their emails are harassing. At this point my only option has been to give lowest ratings each time with a note to stop sending me emails, as this is the only way I can communicate with them. Please advise what steps to take. (note I have been told there is no way to shut off the surveys without shutting down my legitimate business notifications about my orders. Thanks!

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
This certainly does seem counter-productive on Target's part. "If you want information on your orders/accounts, you are required to accept email surveys" ??? How many of these surveys do you receive in a 24-hour period? I have 3 or 4 entities who refuse to stop sending me daily emails. They either have no 'unsubscribe' link or they just ignore my requests. I cannot get them to stop ... well, I probably could if I spent a few hours on the phone, but that's not going to happen. My routine is to open my email account, check off the emails I want to delete, do the same for spam, then move on from there. I doubt if it takes 15 seconds.

Mar 6, 2018
Target is specifically telling me that they give no option to just unsubscribe only from surveys. And make sense people working for free filling out surveys it's cheaper than paying a survey company to do it. The more companies have these arbitrary policies that don't respect me the more I unplug. I don't care if it only takes me a second or two seconds it's not the point point is I don't want them I don't want to have to be forced to make the decision whether to just delete them or not. And I'm not going to do the sheeple thing of path of least resistance that's how the Nazis got into power I have values.

Jan 6, 2015
You can present this issue to Target for consideration by using the Company Contacts link at the top of this page.
Before you do, be sure to read and follow the instructions at the top of the first page. Include your desired resolution.

I would request of the first executive that they change their system to either NOT send surveys or allow users like you to uncheck that option in your profile. An "unsubscribe" link would also work.

technomage1

Verified Member
Jan 5, 2015
Depending on your email provider, you may be able to set up a rule to have the unwanted emails go straight to junk or trash. I hear you that it's annoying to get them, but this may be the least troublesome and quickest resolution.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
If your goal is to read the emails with information on your orders, I don't see that marking them as spam or having them automatically routed over to a trash file will solve your issue. Using the internet has a billion good parts, but the bad parts can be annoying. I look at it as my job to figure out how to get around the bad parts.