over 500,000 points vanished

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 6, 2018
I am writing to ask for your assistance with the MarriottRewards program. I am a platinum member (lifetime platinum actually who still is traveling at the annual platinum rate each year) and ended 2017 withapproximately 470,000 points on file and three trips already reserved and“paid” for with points.

315,000 for 8 nights at the Essex House hotel in NYC Res #xxxxxxxx
70,000 for 2 nights at the Hamburg, Germany Marriott Res #xxxxxxxx
160,000 for 5 nights at the Copenhagen Marriott Res # Res #xxxxxxxx

When the year turned over, approximately on January 7ththe roll over occurred, I was left with 471,904 in points and No redemption certificates associated with these trips! They were swiped from the trips.

In some years there have been mistakes at the yearly turnover, but I have always been able to rectify them on my own. After two attempts at simple fixes and a third request that a clean audit of my account be made, such as starting back mid-Oct and see step by step how points accrued and were used, I am left with no help from Marriott.

After my first attempt, the customer support person used my remaining points balance to pay for the Essex House trip and the Hamburg nights, saying I didn’t have sufficient points to pay for Copenhagen. My reply to that was again, please look back to Oct or Nov, I had trips paid and thousands of points still available.

There have now been so many adjustments made, I fear I am out 545,000 points.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Best regards,

MSM

Last edited by a moderator:

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Unfortunately the one thing we don't deal with on Elliott.org are points programs.

Were any of these points due to expire? Have you had approved activity on your account within the last 2 years either with stays or buy making purchases?

Dec 12, 2014
Whenever I have made Marriott reservations with points, there are no certificates, just a reservation & a corresponding points deduction the day I made the reservation.

Are you saying the reservations disappeared, or do they still show up as valid rewards reservations?

You can always contact the Marriott executives listed on the Company Contacts page and see if they can help.

Feb 6, 2018
Yes, reservations made and points deducted, but after the turn over of the year, the reservations changed from having reward sent to "don't forget to get your award" but the points weren't put back into my account...

Dec 12, 2014
Bizarre! Sounds like you need to be emailing, (do not call) to find out why and work yourself up the chain.

I would think it would be pretty easy for someone at Marriott to checks the additions & deductions to your account to see what happened..

Feb 6, 2018
the points are fresh, I use points and acquire points regularly, I am a platinum member in good standing