Orbitz Issued Confirmation & E-ticket, 2 weeks later China Airline called to cancel booking.

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 15, 2016
Hello to all! China Airlines refused to budge and they got what they want. I have gone to DOT, and the DOT has said that until the "mistaken fare" issue is finally clarified, no action will be taken.

I accepted Orbitz's offer of 350.00 "Orbucks". I did not make my trip:(

The other option ( if you took the trip):

Dear China Airlines:

Re: PNR xxxxxx

I bought your fare published on date xxx evidenced by attachment. 'A'.

This fare was available for three weeks. If it was a mistake, you would have timely fixed it. You did not.

I ended up paying $4192 for business class. Your published fare, again for a three WEEK period, was $xxx. This was not a mistake. Every other mistake fare is caught within hours of posting. This was not hours. It was not days. It was posted for weeks.

Thus, you have breached our contract and owe me the difference between xxx and $4192. Please forward a payment for $ xxxx to me at address. Failure to do so will result in me protecting all of my rights provided at law.

Very truly yours.

If more people did this there would be less screwing with people.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
The other option ( if you took the trip):

Dear China Airlines:

Re: PNR xxxxxx

I bought your fare published on date xxx evidenced by attachment. 'A'.

This fare was available for three weeks. If it was a mistake, you would have timely fixed it. You did not.

I ended up paying $4192 for business class. Your published fare, again for a three WEEK period, was $xxx. This was not a mistake. Every other mistake fare is caught within hours of posting. This was not hours. It was not days. It was posted for weeks.

Thus, you have breached our contract and owe me the difference between xxx and $4192. Please forward a payment for $ xxxx to me at address. Failure to do so will result in me protecting all of my rights provided at law.

Very truly yours.

If more people did this there would be less screwing with people.
I somehow think China Airlines still would have stood their ground. If the DOT agreed with China Airlines no letter is going to make them budge.

Aug 28, 2015
New York
. Is the LW saying China/Orbitz cancelled/refunded and offered a $350 credit when had it honored the ticket, he would have saved a couple thousand? That is insufficient of course, but how to tell the diff between a post purchase increase and a mistake fare? I noticed folks were less sympathetic in another mistake fare case recently. I'm just curious what distinguishes the 2- is it that the other mistake fare was "discovered" (not by the LW) while this one flew under the radar?

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I have little patience for people who don't do the right thing, no matter what the rules say. I'm sure that they will get 'paid back' with negative experiences ... just as people who try to do the right thing no matter what are 'rewarded' with positive experiences. Must be the Minnesota Lutrun thing overlaid with California karma, but it works for me.

I have little patience for people who don't do the right thing, no matter what the rules say. I'm sure that they will get 'paid back' with negative experiences ... just as people who try to do the right thing no matter what are 'rewarded' with positive experiences. Must be the Minnesota Lutrun thing overlaid with California karma, but it works for me.
These days I'm more inclined to believe Oscar Wilde or whoever it was who first observed that "No good deed goes unpunished."