Optimum/Altice On Demand does not have current programming

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 19, 2018
Optimum advertises On Demand as part of its TV package but it's rarely up to date. For example, today, May 20, 2018, the latest episodes of the late shows like Jimmy Kimmel, Colbert, and others, are from May 14. Customer service Reps regularly blame the networks, but after I called CBS and called back the Rep. finally admitted that it had nothing to do with the networks. I also have an email from a technician, from many months ago, admitting that they were having problems with On Demand. They have failed to correct the problem for well over 1 year, and they refuse to compensate for loss of service claiming it's free. Perhaps this is an effort to sell DVRs?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
That’s one of the reasons we got rid of Optimum years ago- they also don’t have as many channels on demand as FIOS.

We have company contacts on our pages- read the first page on how to write to companies and then find the contacts to Optimim and start writing.

Let us know how you make out.

May 19, 2018
Thanks Neil.

Here's the funny part. The Optimum/Altice Rep wanted me to reboot my cable box. I assured him it had nothing to do with the boxes and asked what were the available show dates he saw for the Late Show with Stephen Colbert. He said he had no way of knowing. So I asked "Don't you have a TV set there that you can turn on and check?" His reply, "No, we don't have TV's here. We're working!"

So the Altice/Optimum offices that provides CABLE TV SERVICE don't have any TVs !!

Well, at least amid all my frustration, I had a good laugh!

It's a good thing they aren't running a restaurant, because their employees would probably all die of starvation!