OMGosh! Who knew?

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

mmb

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
I am ending up staying some extra days in Denver so decided to book a room in an AirB&B. First time for me. Found a nice place with great reviews and great price.
Didn’t really understand the reference to 420 but didn’t think it relevant enough to research.
Turns out ‘420 Friendly’ means you can smoke grass in the house — but not ‘blunts.’
There are apparently 420 grams in a pound.
Guess it will be ok, might relive some pain! We will pretty much only be there to sleep.
Learned something new today.

Jan 11, 2017
One of my kid went to grad school to Boulder, so I learned this code very early:)
Let me share another code: April 20th (420) is the (un) offical grass smoke day in CO. I would not plan any visit to Denver, Boulder etc on that day:)

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I am ending up staying some extra days in Denver so decided to book a room in an AirB&B. First time for me. Found a nice place with great reviews and great price.
Didn’t really understand the reference to 420 but didn’t think it relevant enough to research.
Turns out ‘420 Friendly’ means you can smoke grass in the house — but not ‘blunts.’
There are apparently 420 grams in a pound.
Guess it will be ok, might relive some pain! We will pretty much only be there to sleep.
Learned something new today.
Now THIS is funny! All people do is complain and moan about smoking and here's a whole code to people to smoke MJ! I dunno what a blunt is but I got some MJ gummies a few months ago ... they're very effective with chronic pain and with just a quarter of the gummie I sleep well without any Rx. I really like the stuff and feel quite naughty!

Jul 16, 2016
The person who told you that there are 420 grams in a pound has apparently been sampling too much "product". There are 454 grams in a pound (rounding to 3 significant figures)

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Smoking it? How tacky ... Why am I not surprised that SAS knows all about this stuff?

SAS, thought of you this morning at SFO. My flight to Cincinnatti supposed to depart out of Gate 69. Arrive there probably 90 minutes before the flight, everyone is lined up in their little numbered aisles. Huh? I know everyone and his brother has "Line 1" status at United, but this is ridiculous.

Better check. Ah, it's the flight to Oklahoma City or someplace, the maintenance is nearly finished, plane needs to be fired up. Check the monitor, Cincy goes out of G60. Walk over to 60, the sign says Washington Dulles. Two agents are hiding behind a pillar, I approach them. Ask if this is the right gate for Cincy. No, the male sez, first they're boarding Dallas. I say Dulles? Then, I swear to God, he goes on for 3 minutes, not actually saying anything at all. I pat him on the shoulder and say thanks. I can't look at the female, we'll both burst out laughing. DALLAS? Nobody said anything about Dallas, did they? Why these people can't just say "I don't know right now, Gate 69 flight was delayed, we're waiting to hear ...i.

mmb

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
Airports are really full of surprises these days.
Right now we are at the gate to board an 8:05am departure.
Walked up, all seats taken except 4 in a row close to the boarding door. We get up there and there is a tall young man sprawled on the floor, right in front of the four seats prohibiting anyone from sitting there.
I approach the agent and quietly asked if that means he is saving the seats, at which point he rears up and sits, opening the space in front of the first two seats (barely) so we shrug and go sit.
It was uncomfortable for a moment but he went back to sleep with legs now out in the aisle but people can still squeeze through.
All pretense of manners seems to have gone away.
Sheesh.

Feb 9, 2016
Airports are really full of surprises these days.
Right now we are at the gate to board an 8:05am departure.
Walked up, all seats taken except 4 in a row close to the boarding door. We get up there and there is a tall young man sprawled on the floor, right in front of the four seats prohibiting anyone from sitting there.
I approach the agent and quietly asked if that means he is saving the seats, at which point he rears up and sits, opening the space in front of the first two seats (barely) so we shrug and go sit.
It was uncomfortable for a moment but he went back to sleep with legs now out in the aisle but people can still squeeze through.
All pretense of manners seems to have gone away.
Sheesh.
Firmly: "Excuse me, I would like to sit here" and then eyeball him hard while you stand in the aisle and create a bottleneck, waiting. He'll move :)

mmb

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
Firmly: "Excuse me, I would like to sit here" and then eyeball him hard while you stand in the aisle and create a bottleneck, waiting. He'll move :)
He was FACE DOWN, dead to the world —or so it seemed. No eyeballing opprortunity presented until I spoke with the agent. He must have heard me. If he hadn’t sat up at that time I would have had to stumble over him to get his attention. Or kick Him or something else equally egregious.

Feb 9, 2016
He was FACE DOWN, dead to the world —or so it seemed. No eyeballing opprortunity presented until I spoke with the agent. He must have heard me. If he hadn’t sat up at that time I would have had to stumble over him to get his attention. Or kick Him or something else equally egregious.
LOL nudge him with your foot? LOL

Def go back to the stewardess and say "this man must be drunk or on drugs!?"

Altho - that would have caused the plane to depart late as they called security, etc.

Oh boy, eventful morning for you!?