1. Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
    Dismiss Notice

No service and No refund?

Discussion in 'Comcast' started by LMC, Nov 28, 2017.

1. LMC

LMC

Good morning. I'm a newbie to this site but I'm hoping someone can help steer me on this?
    I am in a position of having tried to obtain service from Comcast for cable and internet to a new home but because of the distance from the current hook up location they will not install the drop. After multiple months of auto billing and no service I told my wife (who unfortunately decided to make this 2nd attempt due to repeated mailers indicating that we could get service) that she needed to call and cancel. To make a long story short she called and canceled, we returned their equipment and then thinking it might be better if I phycally walked into the area service center regarding the billing, I went in only to be told that no one had made any notes in their system indicating that there was any issues regarding the service so they couldnt refund any of the $873 that we had been charged for the 4-5 months of service we never got! My wife called them the following day and while talking to the rep they indicated that they could see that nothing had been used- no tv or internet but the call got cut off and believe it or not they didnt call back. I then wrote a letter - sent certified mail to Suzanne Keenen- SVP of Customer Operations located at the address that I found on this site only to be informed once again that because no one had input any information (like we can control that) they couldnt refund our money!! So.... I am hoping that possibly someone in here might steer me in the right direction on this refund? Any HELP would be greatly appreciated- thanks in advance.

2. Just A Guy

So, wait, I'm confused. You called Comcast to sign up for service. They came out, and said they couldn't connect you, because you were too far from the network. But they gave you the equipment anyway? So, you had the equipment, even though you didn't have service?

3. LMC

LMC

Hi thanks for your reply. The equipment got mailed in advance of the tech's arrival for a "Self Install" on the interior portion.

4. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

So you sat with the equipment for how many months and didn't notify them to stop billing you? I am very confused as to how this could happen.

5. sas80

Staff Member Advocate

the call centers have audio recordings of the calls.

Request Kathleen to pull and review the audio recording of the telephone calls between yourself and the reps.

You might need to know the date and approximate time of the calls BUT I wouldn't offer that info (esp if you don't have it) make them ask you for it.

If you don't have specifics on those phone calls (date/time) take a moment to narrow that field down before you call and make this request.

jsn55 and Neil like this.
  6. LMC

LMC

Honestly I had gone through this once doing it the way the tech advised but my wife was determined to get the service some how. Everytime we got another mailing she got encouraged. When she called in the rep on the phone was more than happy to help and he practically gaurenteed that he could get it done. I lost focus since she was handling it and the first time around they kept telling me to let it ride and it would all get worked out once the service was established. If I had known...right? I could have been more presistant but the 1st time it wasnt an issue so why would I think otherwise the 2nd time. Anyway SAS80 you say "request Kathleen to pull and review", who's Kathleen?How do I contact her?

7. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

I honestly hope one of my colleagues have some suggestions. This one is beyond my knowledge on how to fix.

8. sas80

Staff Member Advocate

I meant Suzanne Keenen- SVP of Customer Operations

Before you call her, take some time to pinpoint the dates you had phone conversations with the call center. Take some more time to pinpoiunt the time you called. Before breakfast? Before Lunch? Before dinner? whst TV show was playing in the background, etc.

Then call Suzanne and tell her that you absolutely had conversations with call center representatives and you would like her to pull the calls and review the audio with you on the phone.

As a matter of fact, I am going o say wait on that. First call customer service, the same number you have been calling. Explain to them that you had several conversations with representatives and are trying to pinpo9ont the days you called. Ask the CS rep to access you account and give you every date and time that you called since you started service. As they relay this information, ask them if there are any notes associated with that phone call, and what are they?

Collect this information then call Suzanne back.

If the CS reps tell you they don't see any record of the date and times you called, much less notes, ask to speak to a floor supervisor

As the floor supervisor if it is customary for the reps to record the date and time that a consumer calls in about their account. if the floor supervisor responds in the affirmative, ask that person why the cs reps are unable to tell you when you have called in in the past. ask the floor supervisor if there is anything they can do to retrieve that information.

Do not tell the floor supervisor you want to review the audio just yet. Just tell the FS that you are speaking with corporate regarding a billing issue and need that information.

Once you have collected this information, you can then make the judgment call - do you want to explain why you are calling and ask the FS to pull and review the audio with you?

So there is a few ways you can get ahold of the date/time you called in.

Whatever you do THIS TIME when you call you record the date and time of this call and write down the name and ID (ask for the ID) of every single person you speak with. Write down what you are discussing. Be nice. As you have learned, being able to cite date, time and conversation details is the only way you have ammo should things go awry.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  9. jsn55

Staff Member Advocate

This seems like a pretty straight-forward situation to me, LMC. SAS has given you great advice, but if the telephone calls are not productive, I would compose a concise polite email describing the situation.

You ordered service, set up auto pay, they sent equipment, service could not be hooked up, several rounds of trying to get your service going, finally realize that it's not going to happen. Cancelled account and returned equipment. Please refund auto payments of $XX.

From what I've heard about ComCast, your biggest hurdle is getting someone to read your letter, understand your situation and take action. I've had their business service without issue for 4 or 5 years, and they're great. I think the residential reps with any brains are promoted to the biz side, leaving you with the dopes. Please feel free to post a draft of your letter and we can critique it.

10. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

11. LMC

LMC

Okay Great. Thanks everyone for your feedback. I'll have to get busy on SAS80's list but it does look like a different route so maybe it will be productive for me. Thanks again.

Patina and Neil like this.
  12. LMC

LMC

Well I have some news to share. After I sent the last email I received another call from the last contact I had, Shonta at Comcast with the Escalation Team. She called me back to say that she had looked further into it after her call on Sunday telling me no refund and lo and behold she says she is issuing me a refund after what she said she received confirmation that service line was installed or no service was available to the address. The amount she quoted was low and she had received from someone else but we went back over my numbers and what the system showed. She said she would check on the amount again and call me back. I'm still waiting to hear back but I really don't expect a call back so quickly but maybe a day or three. I'll update again once I hear back. Thx

Patina, sas80, Neil and 5 others like this.
  13. LMC

LMC

UPDATE-
    I received a call back late yesterday and Shanta (Comcast Escalation Team) told me that I would be getting a full refund and I should see the check in 3-4 weeks.
    Thanks everyone for your assistance and feedback!
    Merry Christmas

Patina, Just A Guy, George M and 3 others like this.
  14. jsn55

Staff Member Advocate

Well done! Thanks so much for letting us know. Your refund should arrive about the same time as the bills for the Christmas presents, huh?