No emotional support peacocks allowed!

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 9, 2016
That's good....im planning on bringing my emotional support boa constrictor on the plane with me to Rome next month. Looks like I chose the right pet!

Sep 19, 2015
I believe she had a ticket for the peacock.
She had offered to buy the peacock a ticket. One has to call UA at least 48 hours before to inform them of an ESA. She was told that the peacock was not allowed and still went to the airport anyway. UA would not sell her a ticket for the peacock.

One of my friends used to work with artists and she has met Dexter the peacock before. The woman got the peacock for a performance piece at an art fair in Miami, the peacock was not well behaved at the fair, running around, trying to escape, the "artist" gave the peacock to someone in Miami, then heard he was not being treated well, went down to get him out of guilt, tried to find some other place, then called him a fashion accessory in 2016, and now he is an ESA.

Carrie Livingston

Staff Member
Advocate
Jan 6, 2015
She had offered to buy the peacock a ticket. One has to call UA at least 48 hours before to inform them of an ESA. She was told that the peacock was not allowed and still went to the airport anyway. UA would not sell her a ticket for the peacock.
Didn't realize that.

AMA

Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
I like animals. I currently have two cats; in the past have had dogs, rabbits, guinea pigs, a parakeet, and a salamander. There is NO WAY IN HELL I would sit next to an uncaged - or even caged - peacock on an airplane. Hasn't anyone ever heard them scream???

Sep 19, 2015
I like animals. I currently have two cats; in the past have had dogs, rabbits, guinea pigs, a parakeet, and a salamander. There is NO WAY IN HELL I would sit next to an uncaged - or even caged - peacock on an airplane. Hasn't anyone ever heard them scream???
Beautiful, loud and temperamental birds; oh yes the first time I heard one scream I thought there was some sort of attack happening nearby.