NFL Shop Sales Problem

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Nov 7, 2016
I am having a problem with an order that I placed at the NFL Shop and would like some help. I was attempting to purchase the jacket at a discounted rate I saw on the website but when I put the item in my cart it did not reflect the sale price that i saw on the website. While I still purchased at the higher rate I am attempting to get the lower rate with the NFL Shop. My item number is 2374261. http://www.nflshop.com/Seattle_Seah...hawks_Majestic_Navy_Hot_Route_Full-Zip_Hoodie

When I purchased this jacket last night I found it on the right hand side "sales" list and it was there for 55.24 instead of the regular price of 64.99.

I have also noticed that items on the right hand side typically show a "sales" price but when you click on their link the item does not reflect the sales price.

I have a screenshot of what I saw but I can't seem to make it small enough to upload the file.

Nov 3, 2015
I would start, then, with a note to customer service of the website, and tell them what you told us here, ask them for the sale price, and also offer to send them the screenshot you took, or to post it at a website they can get to. Some email systems bit-bucket anything with attachments as probable malware or spam, so I would not send the screenshot until requested.

When you get a response back, we'd love to hear what they say.

Nov 7, 2016
As you can tell I am new to this. I have reached out to them via their email customer service and facebook.

Below is what they tell me via email.

Please be advised that the item in your cart and the item you have taken a screen shot of are similar but different items. The item you ordered is Women's Seattle Seahawks Majestic Navy Hot Route Full-Zip Hoodie while the item you have sent a screen shot of is Women's Seattle Seahawks G-III 4Her by Carl Banks Navy All World Pro Full Zip Hoodie.

Though this is not correct because my screenshot shows the Women's Seattle Seahawks Majestic Navy Hot Route Full-Zip Hoodie being circled with the price.

Via Facebook they same something very similar.

The item that is circled is a different item.

This is also incorrect because the circled item is the one that I ordered. In both cases I reiterated what I have circled and then they don't write me back.

Nov 3, 2015
Yes, I see that the screenshot shows Women's Seattle Seahawks Majestic Navy Hot Route Full-Zip Hoodie with a price of $55.24. Unfortunately, I also see a bunch of disclaimers on their T&C, including the posterior-covering "For example, products included on this Web Site may be unavailable, may have different attributes than those listed, or may actually carry a different price than that stated on this Web Site. In addition, we may make changes in information about price and availability without notice."

So, how badly do you want that sweatshirt? You could try a phone call, and while you're on the phone, get the rep to actually look at the circled portion, not the main item in your screenshot, or you could try for a supervisor, or take it to your credit card for adjudication. Of course, they also have a couple of items in their T&C:
IN THE EVENT OF ANY PROBLEM WITH THIS WEB SITE OR ANY CONTENT, YOU AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO CEASE USING THIS WEB SITE. IN THE EVENT OF ANY PROBLEM WITH THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES THAT YOU HAVE PURCHASED ON OR THROUGH THIS WEB SITE, YOU AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE REMEDY, IF ANY, IS FROM THE MANUFACTURER OF SUCH PRODUCTS OR SUPPLIER OF SUCH SERVICES, IN ACCORDANCE WITH SUCH MANUFACTURER'S OR SUPPLIER'S WARRANTY, OR TO SEEK A RETURN AND REFUND FOR SUCH PRODUCT OR SERVICES IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE RETURNS AND REFUNDS POLICIES POSTED ON THIS WEB SITE.
and
Termination. You or we may suspend or terminate your account or your use of this Web Site at any time, for any reason or for no reason. You are personally liable for any orders placed or charges incurred through your account prior to termination. We reserve the right to change, suspend, or discontinue all or any aspect of this Web Site at any time without notice.

Where to go from here? It appears there are other places to buy the same shirt for $65 with much less onerous T&C. JC Penney, for instance, offers the same shirt for that price, and Penney's web pricing policy is:
Pricing. We work hard to ensure the accuracy of pricing on this Website, but despite our best efforts, pricing errors occur. If the price you are charged for any item is higher than the price posted or advertised, we will promptly refund the difference. If an item’s correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, contact you for instructions before shipping or, cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation. Prices may vary in Alaska and Puerto Rico.

So, my personal choice would be a single phone call, asking the person on the other end at NFL shop for the price shown in your screenshot. If they decline, I would decline to do business with them, and tell them to cancel the order. If sufficiently peeved, I'd also report the issue to the department in my state that handles reports of unfair trade practices, as this appears on the surface to be bait and switch pricing. And I'd put this website on my personal list of "websites that I won't buy dollars from even if the price was a penny".

And of course, there's also a little public shaming possible here, thanks to social media.

There are enough good, ethical retailers around that I have no wish to give any of my money to the less ethical.

Nov 7, 2016
Thank you for the advise and suggestions. While I am not peeved I think I have some work to do. I would try to make them accountable for what they show as their pricing.

DEar @Jessy W - how do you prove what was displayed on the website?

Did you take a screen shot?

Other than that, its a he said she said, right?

I just want to point out the obvious issue with your claim -

they may offer you 10% off your next offer - its a common effort at customer service - even if the prices are usually much higher than what you can get the item for elsewhere -

Nov 7, 2016
Hello Joe. Yes I did take a screenshot. Just in case they were willing to help with their websites pricing errors.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I am having a problem with an order that I placed at the NFL Shop and would like some help. I was attempting to purchase the jacket at a discounted rate I saw on the website but when I put the item in my cart it did not reflect the sale price that i saw on the website. While I still purchased at the higher rate I am attempting to get the lower rate with the NFL Shop. My item number is 2374261. http://www.nflshop.com/Seattle_Seah...hawks_Majestic_Navy_Hot_Route_Full-Zip_Hoodie

When I purchased this jacket last night I found it on the right hand side "sales" list and it was there for 55.24 instead of the regular price of 64.99.

I have also noticed that items on the right hand side typically show a "sales" price but when you click on their link the item does not reflect the sales price.

I have a screenshot of what I saw but I can't seem to make it small enough to upload the file.
Did you order the shirt you want, but were charged the higher price? If so, give them a call and get this straightened out. If you haven't ordered it, follow Joe's advice and you'll get the shirt you want at the price you want to pay.