Need OTA to re-issue e-tickets for airline initiated change

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 11, 2018
Yes, I think we are good. Supposedly it's all on the same ticket. So I don't really know why the complete itinerary isn't coming up on on the Alitalia site but it is on the EgyptAir site with their confirmation code. It's a mystery to me.

Oct 14, 2015
Here is my situation. Clearly, I know now that booking through the airline is what I should do next time. However, I still need help with this situation.

OTA: mytrip.com (aka airtickets24.com, fantasticgreece.com)
Jan 19- purchase 7 tickets from PSA to JNB for travel in June, received e-tickets for one total itinerary on Alitalia + EgyptAir

Jan 31- receive email from OTA that one EgyptAir leg of our flight (Cairo-JNB on June 16) has been cancelled and would we like to be put on the June 17 flight. We confirmed yes we wanted the change through email/mytrip.com/phone call but did not receive etickets as of this posting.

Jan 31, Feb 1, Feb 6 called the OTA and asked for our new etickets displaying the new flights. They have told us that they deal with tickets based on departure. Alitalia says that the tickets will be cancelled if the OTA doesn't deal with this by March 1.

Good: EgyptAir confirmation code shows the new flights with seat selections confirmed.

Bad: Alitalia(issuer of tickets) confirmation code shows that we only get to Cairo and there is no existing flight to Johannesburg. There are, however, return flights at the correct time from JNB to PSA.
is all this necessary simply for a date change ? When we book flights 11 months ahead, there maybe 1/2 dozen time/date changes before we fly. Never get tickets reissued.

Feb 11, 2018
If it was just a date change I wouldn't have been worried - I have had the repeated changes happening and all be okay. But in this situation Alitalia had us landing in Cairo and never leaving , (not getting to our final destination at all). This is what happened because our Cairo to final destination flight wasn't changed, it was completely canceled.

Feb 11, 2018
Hi Neil, the last update I gave on the 12th is all I know. It appears to be resolved in that I have new etickets that have all the flights I need. The part that is unresolved is that Alitalia confirmation code doesn't list the flight still, but they can see it on the e-ticket. So I am assuming its good. I have the seats confirmed on EgyptAir, who is the carrier of the flight in question.