Need OTA to re-issue e-tickets for airline initiated change

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 11, 2018
Here is my situation. Clearly, I know now that booking through the airline is what I should do next time. However, I still need help with this situation.

OTA: mytrip.com (aka airtickets24.com, fantasticgreece.com)
Jan 19- purchase 7 tickets from PSA to JNB for travel in June, received e-tickets for one total itinerary on Alitalia + EgyptAir

Jan 31- receive email from OTA that one EgyptAir leg of our flight (Cairo-JNB on June 16) has been cancelled and would we like to be put on the June 17 flight. We confirmed yes we wanted the change through email/mytrip.com/phone call but did not receive etickets as of this posting.

Jan 31, Feb 1, Feb 6 called the OTA and asked for our new etickets displaying the new flights. They have told us that they deal with tickets based on departure. Alitalia says that the tickets will be cancelled if the OTA doesn't deal with this by March 1.

Good: EgyptAir confirmation code shows the new flights with seat selections confirmed.

Bad: Alitalia(issuer of tickets) confirmation code shows that we only get to Cairo and there is no existing flight to Johannesburg. There are, however, return flights at the correct time from JNB to PSA.

Feb 11, 2018
Apparently, they take the requests as they come. I can only assume that I am low on the list due to my flight not leaving for months.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I have never heard of the OTA you used. But airlinetickets24.com has a lot of complaints. I suggest that you try going to our HELP request and ask for someone to research company contacts for that company. It is not good news that they aren't responding to you. If there is anyway to cancel and get all your money back - that is the route I would go.Unless you get verify you have tickets on every single leg of your trip.

You can't wait on this - and Alitalia is working in bankruptcy protection I would try to get tickets on another airline. Get on the OTA to get everything confirmed asap.

Who charged your credit card - the airlines or the agency?

BTW - reviews:

https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/airtickets24.com

Feb 11, 2018
I did mention - it's mytrip.com. we haven't found any contacts except the CEO. Is it appropriate to email him? Neil can you explain about the bankruptcy comment? Do you mean if they do not reticket, what will happen?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Yes you should contact the CEO if that is the only person you can find.

Alitalia has been operating in bankruptcy protection for about a year. As long as they are up and running you are good but if God forbid anything happens and they totally go out - your tickets are worthless.

Feb 11, 2018
I have received this from the OTA just now: (first non generic communication)
Kindly be advised that due to increased schedule changes performed by the airline companies on their scheduled itineraries the past few months, our dedicated team handle those requests providing the priority to the most recent flights having travel range of next 2 months. Additionally, usually an extra cooperation with the airline company is needed so as them to complete necessary actions on their behalf in the passengers' reservations so as we from our part, may inform you accordingly with the updated itinerary.

Just like in your case, with Alitalia airlines being the operating carrier, we will need their action confirmed in your reservation so as to sent you the valid tickets.

Nevertheless, rest assured that the seats for the new alternative flight on June 17th have been already confirmed for all passengers in the reservation and the remaining actions are just considered a typical process. We will coordinate with the airline company to act on their end during the coming week so as to send you the new updated tickets.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
So now you know they are working on it and you’ll have to wait until they get new flights from Alitalia. Did you ask if they have any other options for that one flight besides Alitalia?

There have been no rumblings of the end being near with Alitalia right now. They have been waiting for someone to buy them.

This was the last I had read:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/767932001

But going forward- stay away from booking Alitalia.

Feb 11, 2018
So now you know they are working on it and you’ll have to wait until they get new flights from Alitalia. Did you ask if they have any other options for that one flight besides Alitalia?

There have been no rumblings of the end being near with Alitalia right now. They have been waiting for someone to buy them.

This was the last I had read:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/767932001

But going forward- stay away from booking Alitalia.
Thanks Neil. The booking was with alitalia (a couple of the flights with them) but the cancelled leg was with EgyptAir. I am happy with the flight replacements they have offered (on another EgyptAir flight). Its just that the OTA hasn't delivered the new e-tickets. You are right it sounds like they are possibly making progress. Thanks for the input.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
If the airline dissolves, anyone know if Chase Sapphire Reserve will cover that?
I was feeling SO BADLY for you, Aeggimann, until you said the magic words "Chase Sapphire Reserve". Personally, I have had several good experiences with the Sapphire travel protection ... a trip truncated due to an injury in Paris and a rental car I damaged in Minneapolis a couple of years ago. Chase is out to eat American Express' lunch, so I feel that they will bend over backward to take care of us.

Alitalia has been staggering along for YEARS. I remember throwing out a res London-Roma probably ten years ago and rebooking with British Air. I may have taken the chance, but was meeting family there for a big trip. I don't have the mental fortitude to deal with that level of uncertainty. However, Alitalia is Italy's flagship, and I don't think they'll just implode one day.

These online booking sites make me so angry with the way they just diddle with their customers, take your money and give you no customer service. Reading their latest email to you, it's obvious that their use of the English language could use some tutoring. But all we can do is keep beating the drum to book air and hotels directly. Good luck and please keep us updated.

Feb 11, 2018
Neil, when you say PNR you are meaning the Letter/number code specific to the airline, right?

Here's what I have:
- With Egyptair confirmation code I can see our total correct new confirmed booking on their website.

- With Alitalia confirmation code I can NOT see the new Egypt air replacement flight. It has us landing in our layover city and never getting to our final destination.

- I have etickets numbers for all my family members that was issued when I purchase which was before Egyptair canceled the flight. So it has us for one leg on a flight that doesn't exist.

Feb 11, 2018
I was feeling SO BADLY for you, Aeggimann, until you said the magic words "Chase Sapphire Reserve". Personally, I have had several good experiences with the Sapphire travel protection ... a trip truncated due to an injury in Paris and a rental car I damaged in Minneapolis a couple of years ago. Chase is out to eat American Express' lunch, so I feel that they will bend over backward to take care of us.

Alitalia has been staggering along for YEARS. I remember throwing out a res London-Roma probably ten years ago and rebooking with British Air. I may have taken the chance, but was meeting family there for a big trip. I don't have the mental fortitude to deal with that level of uncertainty. However, Alitalia is Italy's flagship, and I don't think they'll just implode one day.

These online booking sites make me so angry with the way they just diddle with their customers, take your money and give you no customer service. Reading their latest email to you, it's obvious that their use of the English language could use some tutoring. But all we can do is keep beating the drum to book air and hotels directly. Good luck and please keep us updated.
Thank you so much for your kind encouragement-- I am glad I have the Reserve and also assure you I will not be booking with the OTA again.

Feb 11, 2018
What I have most recently from the agency is 7 different emails (1 for each of us) that look like this. It has the correct flight listed. But it's still not correct on Alitalia's site so I know the e-ticket has not been altered yet. I assume this inside the agency step has to come first.....

Attachments

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
The JV number should be your confirmation (PNR) number and each traveler should be able to see a ticket number as well. If you don’t see a ticket number, that usually means a reservation was made but may not have been paid for a completed. If you can bring that res up
on Egypt Air and see a ticket number and seat assignment you are probably ok.

You just have to get on them to find you another flight for the one you are missing.

Feb 11, 2018
Just a note to say thanks all for the help!! I don't know if it was the email to the CEO or the form I filled out on the website asking for my issue to be resolved quickly so I didn't have to dispute the charges (since they were no longer providing tickets all of the legs of my journey I paid for). But this morning the OTA issued my new e-tickets and I spoke with both Alitalia and EgyptAir to confirm that we had all our flights. Interestingly, with the Alitalia confirmation/PNR I still cannot see the EgyptAir flight on the outbound. BUT the Alitalia agent says she could see this flight from the E-ticket. EgyptAir also confirmed that we are on the new replacement flight. So, I think that's the most important part. Feel free to correct me if wrong.