• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

Need help getting Chrysler to stand behind their product

Jan 8, 2020
I have a 2015 Chrysler Town & Country that started having problems in November 2019. It only has 64,000 miles on it. After having a local shop try and diagnose the problem but couldn't, I contacted Chrysler, case no 71703934. Because of the holidays, i wasn't able to get the van in until 12/30/2019. The Chrysler dealership said it has a bad head and wants $2,800 to fix it. The van just went out of 5 yr, 100,000 mile warranty in September 2019. They say it's not a factory defect. If it's not a defect than what is it? Chrysler, nor the dealer will do a goodwill warranty. Parkway Chrysler in Clinton Twp, Mi currently has the van. Need help! Thanks!

Jun 24, 2019
I have a 2015 Chrysler Town & Country that started having problems in November 2019. It only has 64,000 miles on it. After having a local shop try and diagnose the problem but couldn't, I contacted Chrysler, case no 71703934. Because of the holidays, i wasn't able to get the van in until 12/30/2019. The Chrysler dealership said it has a bad head and wants $2,800 to fix it. The van just went out of 5 yr, 100,000 mile warranty in September 2019. They say it's not a factory defect. If it's not a defect than what is it? Chrysler, nor the dealer will do a goodwill warranty. Parkway Chrysler in Clinton Twp, Mi currently has the van. Need help! Thanks!
Search the web for others with similar problems to see what you discover. There is a possibility that there is a secret extended warranty on an item, but the dealer or the Chrysler CSR does not want to tell you. Or you will find others with a similar problem who can identify their strategies for dealing with Chrysler. And by all means follow Neil's advice in post 2.

Reactions: jsn55

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Can you explain exactly what is wrong with the vehicle? If you can precisely identify the problem you can research on the web to see if there are significant numbers of similar claims.

Unfortunately, mechanical devices have a range of failure rates that may be months, years or decades. Some fail early and some last a very long time. A failure at 64,000 mi does not suggest a manufacturing or design defect.

You can escalate your claim through the Chrysler contacts: https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/chrysler/

Reactions: BittyBoo and VoR61
Jan 8, 2020
Dealer say it has a bad head,but hasn,t told me what part of head is defected,van was checked by cert. Mech .and said he could not find any mech. Problems after three day of checking,but dealer found bad head in three hrs.

Jan 8, 2020
The van is running ,but missess at idle seamed to have no problems above 1500 rpm. ,be sides poor millage.

Jan 8, 2020
Here is what I did,smoked intake no leaked,sprayed intake with carb cleaner no leaked checked vaccum 18 inch. at idle..Did compression on 1and5 cyd. 125 on each.Dida leaked down on 1 and5 100% sealing O leakage,put in new plugs,switch coils from 1to 5 cyd. Did low voltage peobe on injector 1 and 5 same voltage 9 to 12 on each. Changed injector 1 and 5, no change miss still there.

Jan 8, 2020
Since ,it seems they are blocking their emails I will send

a registered email.,thru the postal service and some one will haft to sign for it.