NCL Uk want to cancel my booking - can I appeal?

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Aug 29, 2015
That says to me that they won't cancel because of the consumer protection laws in the UK. They want you to cancel instead, which gets them off the hook.

I saw your post on cruise critic. Are the others from the UK getting the same calls? I've not found it recently.

Jun 10, 2017
That says to me that they won't cancel because of the consumer protection laws in the UK. They want you to cancel instead, which gets them off the hook.

I saw your post on cruise critic. Are the others from the UK getting the same calls? I've not found it recently.
Nobody else on cruise critic ( I think there are three of them) nor one other person I know of (she booked through an independent TA) have had any contact about cancelling. Just me.

Jun 10, 2017
"Getting it in the neck means" being highly criticised / punished. I think it originally comes from the idea of facing hanging or the guillatine!
So basically, she meant she's being put under a lot of pressure.
When I said about putting it in writing she kind of went quiet then repeated her original comments so I just repeated mine. Finally, when it was clear I was being really firm about it she said ok, she'd give "him" a call . Presumably "him" is her boss.

John Galbraith

Staff Member
Director
Jan 22, 2017
Poole
Hi Daffodil,

I agree with my colleagues that it is likely the reason the company hasn't put anything in writing is because it will struggle to be able to cancel it under U.K law.

If you don't get a response fill in a help request and I will advocate it for you. Just put on the form that I already know about the case so the other advocates know that I will pick it up.

Jun 10, 2017
Hello again,

I have had an email today and it's not good news.

It's a "Cancellation Confirmation/Invoice" addressed to "Dear valued guest" with an attached invoice showing a refund of my deposit.

Is that it now? Can anybody suggest if I have any recourse or do I just bow out gracefully?

I'm very disappointed. Apart from anything else I am pretty disgusted with th lack of covering letter/apology or anything. Sigh : (

Jun 10, 2017
Hi Daffodil,

I agree with my colleagues that it is likely the reason the company hasn't put anything in writing is because it will struggle to be able to cancel it under U.K law.

If you don't get a response fill in a help request and I will advocate it for you. Just put on the form that I already know about the case so the other advocates know that I will pick it up.
Hi John. I just saw this. Thank you for offering to help. Is it still something you're able to help me with now they've cancelled or not really? x

Jun 10, 2017
Well, here I am to update.
Finally, after months of hard work by your advocate John, I had my entire booking reinstated! I am SO thankful to you amazing people advocating for us on this site; giving up your time and energies to help. Without John's advocacy I have no doubt whatsoever that NCL would have continued to completely ignore me. Thank you so much to this brilliant site and to all the wonderful people who work on it. Especially "honestpointofview". Xxx

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Well, here I am to update.
Finally, after months of hard work by your advocate John, I had my entire booking reinstated! I am SO thankful to you amazing people advocating for us on this site; giving up your time and energies to help. Without John's advocacy I have no doubt whatsoever that NCL would have continued to completely ignore me. Thank you so much to this brilliant site and to all the wonderful people who work on it. Especially "honestpointofview". Xxx
Great news! Congratulations.