Mortgage Payoff

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 8, 2016
Southern Oregon
I just want to say - thank you to this group for the knowledge you have shared with other consumer issues. I have learned quite a bit reading these forums and was able to apply it to my "issue"

I paid off my mortgage - only Ditech didn't agree LOL And oddly enough (that is sarcasm) they have NO email address to communicate with. Just the phone. And various CS people. The upshot was - I knew there was a way to find an email address. And I did. I sent my letter to them and decided, since they told me I was a liar on the phone, to involve the state dept of financial regulation too. Within 3 days of the state becoming involved, I had an email stating I was paid in full and upon going to my Ditech login - my account has been closed.

So again, this required a combo of "car rental tales of woe" and stubbornness that I have seen here in all successful resolutions. And I knew that if I was unsuccessful - I could come to the forum for more ideas! Now just to see if they return my escrow funds ;)

Jan 8, 2016
Southern Oregon
Be sure and follow up that they record a Reconveyance Of your Trust Deed with the County your Property is located in. They should do that and send other documentation back to you that your Mortgage is paid in full. But clearing the title of the recorded lien is most important!
Thanks - I am hoping it all happens without a hitch. I am leaving the country for a few months in a few days. I will alert the housesitter to open my mail from them. I need sun and warmth, and southern oregon ain't it :)

Jun 27, 2017
Be sure and follow up that they record a Reconveyance Of your Trust Deed with the County your Property is located in. They should do that and send other documentation back to you that your Mortgage is paid in full. But clearing the title of the recorded lien is most important!
JVillegirl541 is absolutely correct. We were working with Bank of America on a home equity loan. The loan did not go through, not because of us, but because they put the loan on a home we no longer owned. They corrected that error and put the lien on our home, but the loan never went though. We got the money elsewhere, but the BOA lien was still on our home.We asked politely that it be removed. We received a letter that it was. One year later while at the County Clerk's office we discovered the BOA lien was STILL on our home. We to BOA, and this time firmly asked that the lien be removed, or they would hear from our lawyer by the end of the week. The loan officer removed the lien that day.