More Reasons to Love Spirit!

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Nov 14, 2016
Does anyone else think that this isn't coincidence? This all comes shortly after the United episode which unfortunately taught the American public two things:

1. That airlines are evil and should be hated
2. That you can get away with misbehaving on a plane

That's what I think the general public got out of that whole episode. Since then we've had passengers fighting on planes (Southwest), the Sprint fiasco, a passenger threatening to kick a FA's ass on an American flight, a couple of newlyweds trying to score a free upgrade and then getting media attention when removed from the plane and the Delta family who thought they could score a free seat for their car seat

I was on a flight this morning and three girls behind me were obnoxiously loud and a FA had to tell them to keep it down. When the FA left, I heard one of the girls say that, "we'll just video it if she comes back" and they continued to be loud for the remainder of the flight.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I was on a flight this morning and three girls behind me were obnoxiously loud and a FA had to tell them to keep it down. When the FA left, I heard one of the girls say that, "we'll just video it if she comes back" and they continued to be loud for the remainder of the flight.
And this is EXACTLY what posting all of this crap on Social Media is causing. I can understand why FA's might want to smack some of these people.

Patina

Verified Member
Dec 22, 2015
And this is EXACTLY what posting all of this crap on Social Media is causing. I can understand why FA's might want to smack some of these people.
Heck! I want to smack these people and I don't even work in the industry.....very tired of the lack of civility. Our society has becoming very combative in behavior.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Does anyone else think that this isn't coincidence? This all comes shortly after the United episode which unfortunately taught the American public two things:

1. That airlines are evil and should be hated
2. That you can get away with misbehaving on a plane

That's what I think the general public got out of that whole episode. Since then we've had passengers fighting on planes (Southwest), the Sprint fiasco, a passenger threatening to kick a FA's ass on an American flight, a couple of newlyweds trying to score a free upgrade and then getting media attention when removed from the plane and the Delta family who thought they could score a free seat for their car seat

What a perfect example! The FA should have given them another warning, then the purser the third warning. The captain should have radioed ahead, the girls should have been met on the jetway and detained for questioning. As a passenger, you are required to follow crew instructions. If you don't, you should be punished. A few of these little instances and we might see some sanity restored to flights.

mmb

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
What a perfect example! The FA should have given them another warning, then the purser the third warning. The captain should have radioed ahead, the girls should have been met on the jetway and detained for questioning. As a passenger, you are required to follow crew instructions. If you don't, you should be punished. A few of these little instances and we might see some sanity restored to flights.
Agree because at the very least, the airline could take away their flying privileges and maybe other people would think twice about behaving badly so as to not get banned from the airline.
If airlines stopped letting these obnoxious passengers fly maybe civility would return to the airways.
Case I point, United could have paid off the Doc who wouldn't leave the plane and then not allow him to fly again.