1. Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
    Dismiss Notice

Medical billing question

Discussion in 'Other' started by Beardce, May 15, 2017.

1. VoR61

Advocate

After a bit of checking, I may have located the email address for their CEO, William T. Manson III: The address bill.manson@anmedhealth.org tests out as valid.

Given your failed attempts to get invoices, I suggest you try "going to the top" with your issue and very reasonable request for invoices (and proof that you have paid them).

If/when you do, make your communications brief and respectful (non-threatening), and remember to thank him for his time and assistance.

Patina likes this.
  2. JVillegirl541

Staff Member Advocate

And you requesting copies by calling the CS phone # on the invoice?? Best way is to call and "sweet talk" the agent on the phone and not confuse her with any issues. Simply say you need X number of statements for insurance purposes. Who have you asked???? Ask if she can email, AND ask if there is a way you can download them yourself. Do they have online accounts? My Physicans office has individual patient online accounts. I can pay online, down load copies of bills, check blood work results and medical records. Does your Dr possibly have this ability?

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  3. JVillegirl541

Staff Member Advocate

Here is the "patient portal" for Anmedhealth. Have you set up your online account? I see you can pay your bills thru this online account. Based on that I suspect you can pull up past billings and invoices also. Have you tried using this resource? The info I have access to thru my Doctors in the Providence Health System is amazing. I am betting this system is very similar.
    Check it out!

http://anmedhealth.org/patient-portal

George M, Lizzie1492, mmb and 2 others like this.
  4. JVillegirl541

Staff Member Advocate

@Beardce how are you doing with this? Have you set up an account and used the Patient portal to get your statements?

5. Beardce

Update. Seems to be settled.

As I was about to send letters I got a call from Doctor office that it was time for checkup so I could continue allergy treatment.

I gathered all my documents (including paid checks from bank). Asked cashier at office if I could speak to someone about the situation. No one in this office has any input to billing.

Tried to call billing office to get location for GPS, but as normal they never answer the phone. A former employee of the hospital also told me "you are very lucky if you get them to answer". Since I was already over in the town and had taken time off work, I went downtown to the main hospital. Tried to find billing office and it turns out it is two blocks away.

Finally get to billing office. Check in and wait for a while (nothing appeared to move at normal pace there). Got to meet with a rep. Started out saying I have not gotten credit for a check you all got. She looked up account, "we credited a check on Apr 26", but what about the other one? We have one check. And so on. I had a time convincing them that $193+$193-$193-$193 does not equal $193. Finally got her to understand that two charges of $193 and two checks for $193 should equal zero. She printed out account info and there was no credit for one of the checks. Said it was because they were running way behind (but not behind on bills). She took copies of cancelled checks from bank and promised that both would be credited by end of day.

I also got an access number that actually worked (contrary to what I was given before) to the online portal so I could watch my billing account.

No credit by end of day. Got a phone call about 5:30pm. Story changes again. It appears my first check (January) was applied to the wrong account (duh!). It would be fixed within 2-3 days. Finally, 6 days later my online portal shows $0 balance.

Rant on. Why did it take 5 months, lots of my time, lots of stress for me to convince them to look at where the check went? One phone call or one letter should have got them to look at account and see if credit matched checks. Why do corporations assume they are infallible? Rant off.

JVillegirl541 and Patina like this.
  6. JVillegirl541

Staff Member Advocate

Congratulations! Persistence and pure stubbornness has paid off :)

Large corporations take advantage of the paying public because they can. No other reason.

Patina likes this.