Maximum luggage size

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 23, 2018
Backpacks are truly a pain, and not just on airplanes. One possible solution?.....Have the gate agents require passengers to remove their backpacks and carry them in front of them while boarding.

Sep 19, 2015
Many museums do not allow people to wear their backpacks on their backs because of the risk of hitting objects or people. I wish it was the same with boarding.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I am a “shover” - if y

I do the same. Push into me, I push into you.
Yeah, I pushed back once, it was VERY satisfying! I agree with you, @GAT ... it's an ugly thought that people have to be TOLD to use some common sense. And while we're at it, how about those dopes that stop dead in a big bunch of people moving fast to bag claim to yap on their phone? I just love to come right up and bellow "EXCUSE ME". How hard is it to step aside to take a phone call?

mmb

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
I also sit in aisle seats and mostly preboard. I lean away from the aisle and keep a close eye in incoming passengers. I have been known to raise my arms and yell if one starts to turn and smack me with their obnoxious backpack.
Some of them really overstuff those things. They can get really wide when they put water bottles etc in the side pockets. Not sure of their awareness, but they seem to be oblivious as the the danger to seated passengers when they turn.
It would be nice if the FAs made them carry them instead of wearing them while boarding.

Status
Not open for further replies.