Marriott testing support for guest’s individual Netflix, Hulu, Pandora accounts on in-room TVs

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

Steve

Verified Member
Jul 10, 2013
If you have a Pandora, Netflix, or Hulu accounts, you will be able to watch them on your Marriott guest room TVs.

"The hotelier is conducting a pilot program at eight hotels in the United States. Guests will be able to log into an individual account and stream content directly to the television in the room."

May 9, 2017
1) Is this currently (May 2017) STILL a Marriott policy?
2) Can you provide a link to, or the source documentation for, this policy?

I ask because I've lived in an extended stay Marriott property for 3+ years, and have never been able to get my Roku (or any of the services you mention above) connected to stream through my unit's TV. A techie friend and 2 hotel employees have tried - total time by all has to be over 6 hours - and it doesn't seem possible. If it should be possible, I need to know how to pursue this issue.

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014

I ask because I've lived in an extended stay Marriott property for 3+ years, and have never been able to get my Roku (or any of the services you mention above) connected to stream through my unit's TV. A techie friend and 2 hotel employees have tried - total time by all has to be over 6 hours - and it doesn't seem possible. If it should be possible, I need to know how to pursue this issue.
@Dulcinea16 this thread is now over 27 Months old and the "Original Poster" is long gone and no one is responding anymore. When posting you may want to look at when the last post was or when the OP posted last, if it's more than 2 Weeks then the OP is long gone and not coming back. If you are having a current issue we can assist you with please start a new thread so we can help.

PS welcome to the forum!

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com

Steve's info says it's a pilot program at 8 hotels. You might not have stayed at one of the eight.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
It was a pilot program, but I missed this post first time around. We are travelling right now, it's raining, so we decided to have a little in-room picnic for dinner. How I would love to watch something good instead of the drivel that TV rolls out at this time of the evening.

I would think that some sophisticated tech goodies would have to be implemented for a guest to watch their stuff on a guest room TV. Glad this post came up again ... anyone have any intel on the pilot project?

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
It was a pilot program, but I missed this post first time around. We are travelling right now, it's raining, so we decided to have a little in-room picnic for dinner. How I would love to watch something good instead of the drivel that TV rolls out at this time of the evening.

I would think that some sophisticated tech goodies would have to be implemented for a guest to watch their stuff on a guest room TV. Glad this post came up again ... anyone have any intel on the pilot project?
Evening???? Where the heck are you! It's only 2:30 here ;)