Lufthansa incorrectly charged me and is ignoring my messages!

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
If you have all the documentation of your emails, go back to the help screens and reapply tking them you followed all the steps and have not had a reply. You’ll have to forward all your correspondence if the writers look at the case. Good luck.

Oct 25, 2017
If you have all the documentation of your emails, go back to the help screens and reapply tking them you followed all the steps and have not had a reply. You’ll have to forward all your correspondence if the writers look at the case. Good luck.
I did what you suggested and still no response from that or the three executives that I emailed. Is there any way I can accelerate this process with your help? It has been nearly 6 months with no refund and no message from Lufthansa in the last few months except for the copy and paste responses they sent to me a few months ago.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I did what you suggested and still no response from that or the three executives that I emailed. Is there any way I can accelerate this process with your help? It has been nearly 6 months with no refund and no message from Lufthansa in the last few months except for the copy and paste responses they sent to me a few months ago.
What is going on with the chargeback? You most likely will not hear from Lufthansa because you initiated the chargeback which I believe Christina stated in an earlier post.

If you’ve gone back to our help screens and requested a review and haven’t hears anything it might be a case where the advocates don’t think they can do anything else.

Unfortunately, we don’t get satisfaction with every case.

Let us know what happens with the chargeback.

Dwayne Coward

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Apr 13, 2016
St. Louis
If I'm not mistaken, you purchased your ticket from United, and they provided the information concerning the baggage charges. Have you written to United? How have they responded? I just reviewed your initial help request and noticed that there was no paper trail with United, which was probably why you were referred to the help forum.

Based on my experience, as it was ticketed on United stock and they provided you with the baggage information, you would need to contact them for assistance in resolving. If you haven't already contacted them, please use their contacts here to do so, in the same manner, you did with Lufthansa.

If your credit card dispute is not closed in your favor or United doesn't provide a satisfactory response, circle back to me at help@elliott.org, I'll be happy to contact United on your behalf.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming the chargeback is still on going but it has been close to 6 months so I'm not sure what's going on. I messaged Chase and they just told me they are investigating it - I don't really see them siding with me.

I just received a response from Lufthansa a few moments ago:

Thank you for your email dated December 2, 2017. We regret to learn that our Refunds department response did not need your satisfaction, please be assure that it is not with our intention to disappoint your further.
Moreover, kindly be informed that we have conducted a further research about your concern. According to All Nippon Airways’ baggage policy, the collection for overweight baggage is EUR150 per baggage and as well as for additional baggage. Please be advised that we relay our information with All Nippon airways’ website.
Therefore, we appreciated your understanding that we have collected the correct amount per baggage based on the most significant carrier’s policy
We appreciated your understanding with this matter.
This is infuriating, I just don't understand how someone at Lufthansa cannot take 5 minutes of their time to read my email.

I have contacted United back in October but they never got back to me. I am going to send another email to United but this is really frustrating. The problem with United is that they simply do not care because they never charged me for the bags but the third party business contracted through Lufthansa charged me for the incorrect baggage fees. United has no obligation to refund me for this and they cannot because the baggage fee is through Lufthansa. I think it would be like asking Expedia for the money back if I made a flight reservation through their website.

Anyway, I checked my email - I made a refund request on October 5th, 2017 with no response from United. And I just made another refund request.

Honestly, I am very frustrated and it is hard for me to keep my cool, especially after the above response that I received from Lufthansa 2.5 months down the line. I just want my money back

Last edited:

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
A credit card dispute should not take 6 months. You file your dispute, the company has 45 (or 60 days) to reply and then it may take another month for the cc company reported make your determination. If it’s been longer then 4 months I’d be using our company contacts to get on th back of your credit card company to find out why they haven’t finished your claim.