lost item on Delta flight

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

Barry Graham

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Jan 7, 2015
People are generally honest. My lack of faith is in the tool used and the process that goes with it. If someone has had success with it then I am pleased.

AMA

Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Are you able to physically go to the Atlanta airport and look in the unclaimed baggage office?

Feb 2, 2018
Back in October my younger daughter was exhausted from a trip and inadvertently left her iPad in the seat pocket. I called Delta and got through to someone immediately who searched the plane and found it and kept it at their baggage office until my daughter was able to get back to the office to retrieve it. I was very grateful an employee took the time and initiative to do so. On another flight on Americannwhere she left a water bottle they wouldn't let her back in the plane to get it and the gate employee told her she'd have to file a claim for it which of course didn't return the bottle (a more expensive model than the usual Walmart kind). So it depends on what employee you get and how dedicated they are to customer service.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Back in October my younger daughter was exhausted from a trip and inadvertently left her iPad in the seat pocket. I called Delta and got through to someone immediately who searched the plane and found it and kept it at their baggage office until my daughter was able to get back to the office to retrieve it. I was very grateful an employee took the time and initiative to do so. On another flight on Americannwhere she left a water bottle they wouldn't let her back in the plane to get it and the gate employee told her she'd have to file a claim for it which of course didn't return the bottle (a more expensive model than the usual Walmart kind). So it depends on what employee you get and how dedicated they are to customer service.
I hope you sent a letter to Delta and gave a pat on the back with the name of the employee who did this. My wife always does this when someone goes out of their way for her and it really makes the employee feel good to be recognized.

She is trying now to ask the tour company we booked an excursion in Cuba on to request the guide we had by name to keep him employed when they sell the tour to anyone.