1. Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
    Dismiss Notice

loosing a lot of $$ to SAS

Discussion in 'Airlines' started by Barbara from Boulder, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Barbara from Boulder

Haven't heard from SAS since Elliot kindly gave them a Call. I have several avenues of follow-up, but I'd like to call SAS back to discuss. I only spoke to one person. I don't think "asking for a supervisor " works with them, but will try.

2. VoR61

Advocate

If you are confident that a real-time dialogue is needed, the phone is a good tool. Otherwise you should email them so you have a written record ...

3. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

So one of the reporters tried working with them directly and no response ?

4. Barbara from Boulder

hi there I have not heard back from SAS and found some more information online that does say that my business saver ticket could be turned into a credit with a $450 fee.I can copy and paste into this email, it helpful. MY my friend bought the same ticket for travel companion purchased a seat next to me and we paid exactly the same price and her ticket does not say 'saver" on it we've looked everywhere. How can we find the "fare Class". The ticket # had no letters? She did purchase her ticket through American Express but again same flight similar seat and no notation of the word saver. I also have researched sas fare classes and the Saver type ticket seems to be eliminated as I see SAS GO . SAS Saver Plus...
    ..last time I called it was like speaking to a robot, so maybe writing them.would be best. Is it just the customer care address? or do you have a connection with a specific person?
    Thank you..barbars

5. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

Have you written to all of the executives, one by one weekly as we suggest?

The ticket somewhere will have a letter indicating the fare class. If hers did not indicate the word saver then I am willing to bet that she wasn't on the saver fare.

If the reporters took this up, what was the outcome from them?

There is a Business Saver - this is what I found - while it is almost impossible to see in a screen print it says that for Business Saver, fees apply for changes and refunds are not permitted.

Here is a link to the page:
    http://www.flysas.com/en/us/unconnected-pages/Fare-type-overview/
    Business Saver
    upload_2017-6-21_13-8-8.png

6. Barbara from Boulder

Thank you...... I have seen the same info online that with a fee you can cancel and bank the ticket. And NO refunds. OK. I did not email any executives as I did not know this. I am 70 years old... not that old, but am unsure how to proceed. It was 1 phone call with 1 customer service person so far, and she said there are no supervisors and all i could do was write to customer care.. i have to find the email address, but ii think its a form online.
    I believe Mr. Elliot placed a call a while back to SAS and SAS said they would call me, although he did say, they may not call you. SO do I call another CS person and tell them what I see online and maybe they have a different response,or ??. just dont know who to talk to..... thank you call... Barbara

7. Barbara from Boulder

I need help from someone:
    Perhaps an advocate, please. I now have in writing, my ticket details with the words:
    "Changes: Re booking is permitted against fee. In case of upgrading to a higher fare, the difference between the far and paid and the highest fare will be added."

But I need someone to help me with this. Calling again customer service..(only between 9 and 1pm est) I might get same answer and need to show them my confirmation. So not sure to call or write or what. Does anyone have a contact at SAS?.I can send a copy of ticket with details, if helpful. Thank you. Trip was planned for Aug 31.

8. Carrie Livingston

Staff Member Advocate

@Barbara from Boulder I've posted our Company Contacts link for SAS below. I suggest using the "Customer Feedback form" first and waiting a week to ten days for a response. If no response, you will need to contact the executives. We have 2 primary contacts and 2 secondary contacts before reaching the CEO. You should be able to get some resolution from someone. If you need to reach out to the executive contacts, make sure to mention previous attempts at resolution.

http://elliott.org/company-contacts/sas-scandinavian-airlines/

jsn55, VoR61 and Patina like this.
  9. Barbara from Boulder

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH

Carrie Livingston likes this.
  10. jsn55

Staff Member Advocate

Barbara, we find it very helpful to make a list in chronological order of exactly what has happened. Then compose your email. Begin with a request for assistance, list the facts, end with thanks for their help. You have a fairly complex issue, so running your letter by a friend or two is helpful ... if they understand it, so will the SAS executives. Good luck and please let us know the outcome.

Carrie Livingston likes this.
  11. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

Do not call anymore. You correspondence should all be in writing. Since you've dealt with customer service, write to the first executive we list. Tell him what you have dibs so far and that customer service has not contacted you back. Send that information from the site showing that you can change for a fee and tell them you want a credit good for 1 year from the date you booked your ticket less the cancellation fee.

Give the exec. a week to reply. If he doesn't or it's a no, move to the next executive. Repeat weekly until you get to the CEO and let us know what they say.

12. Barbara from Boulder

Thank you again for all the help. I want to send a email to SAS Customer Care, but I can only find a form for "after your trip"
    • "feedback/complaints after your trip please fill out this form to contact our Customer Care"

• .Other wise your are directed to Call. Can you help me find the form so I can email them my situation? Thank you.Barbara

13. Carrie Livingston

Staff Member Advocate

Click on the form and enter your information there. If you don't get a response within a week to ten days, further below on the company contacts page are executive contacts.

jsn55 and Neil like this.
  14. Barbara from Boulder

When I click on that form and filled it all out I got an alert saying this form should only be used for after the trip.
    Here is the the alert i get when trying to go further into the claim.

"Customer Care only handles feedback after you traveled with us. You can therefore not enter a date in the future. For assistance, contact our Customer Contact Centers."

This is the link where I found the form:

http://www.care.flysas.com/SelfService/FeedbackForm/
    perhaps there is another form for appeals. etc?

thank you
    really want to try this before going to executives. thank you

15. Barbara from Boulder

OK. Seems like the executive method is for this point in time. Thank you.

16. Barbara from Boulder

I'm ready to compose a letter to executive #1. Do these executive know of your website? Shall I mention that George Elliott spoke to someone who said they would call me, but didnt?

17. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

If you tell them George Elliott they won't know who you are talking about because Christopher Elliott is the owner of this site.

You need to tell them the name of the advocate from Elliott.org who contacted them.

George M and VoR61 like this.
  18. Barbara from Boulder

Oh..you are right. The first email I received was from Christopher Elliott, unless there was someone contacting SAS on his behalf. Can I find out who was the specific advocate?
    Thank you
    Barbara

19. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

If it was Chris himself you can put that in your letter.

20. John Galbraith

Staff Member Advocate

Hi Barbara

The advocate that dealt with your case was Michelle Friedman. She is on vacation right now but I have been checking her emails and SAS have not responded. Sadly some airlines are much more responsive to our efforts that others.

Having looked at the case I can see why Michelle advised that contacting SAS that it was a long shot. You cancelled a non-refundable ticket and asked for a refund and the airline usually only refunds the taxes. I am sorry I was i had better news.

AMA, ADM, Neil and 3 others like this.