1. Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for contact for Southwest refund due to surgery.

Discussion in 'Need contacts?' started by FrankiS, May 17, 2017.

1. FrankiS

2. VoR61

Advocate

You can click on our Company Contacts link (top of this page) to find their contacts. Use the Online contact form to request your refund. Be specific and reasonable in your request, and remember to thank them for their time and consideration.

Wait at least two weeks for a reply before moving on to the executive level contacts.

3. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

Did you buy travel insurance? That's what it's for.

VoR61 likes this.
  4. FrankiS

Neil, no I did not, and have never when traveling. Guess I wouldn't be posting question if I had, unfortunately. I am guessing since they have a dedicated site for requesting refunds for "emergency" type situations, this type of situation does occur. My "issue" is I have not received any type of response, even after submitting all required documentation, and following up to the link provided. Thanks though for taking the time to respond. This is my first time on this forum.

5. VoR61

Advocate

How long has it been since you submitted the documents?
    What link did you use?

6. FrankiS

Hi, it's now 30+ days, and I used refundsdox@wnco.com I included the Confirmation # and SR# they assigned to my request.

7. JVillegirl541

Staff Member Advocate

The credit card you booked the ticket with may have travel insurance benefits. Be sure and check that out.
    The airline will Not give you a Cash refund but is more likely to provide a credit good for a year from the time of purchase (less and change fee).

Neil and Patina like this.
  8. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

Unfortunately, when you do not buy insurance you roll the dice until something like this happens. Just because you request a refund doesn't mean they will give it- non refundable is just that. If they give you anything it probably won't be a refund but a credit good for a year from the day you PURCHASED the ticket as JVill said. However, you have booked with the most Customer friendly airline so I hope they may help.

We have this post that might help you:

http://forum.elliott.org/threads/refunds-for-non-refundable-tickets.3304/

Also, check with your credit card company and see if they offer any type of insurance for this.

We just had a front page story on this too:

http://forum.elliott.org/threads/refunds-for-non-refundable-tickets.3304/

9. FrankiS

Excellent idea, I hadn't thought of checking with Discover. Actually, the reason I am posting on this forum is as a result of a posting I saw from Christopher Elliott, in which he interceded on someone's behalf and did obtain a refund for the customer...

10. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

Read the article I posted that was on the website yesterday.

We give you the tools to advocate for yourself and cannot intercede for every that doesn't purchase insurance and has a problem. It would be impossible and the airlines would not help when there truly is an extenuating circumstance. We see hundreds of the same problem here.

Use the thread about refunds for non refundable tickets and see if that works.

11. VoR61

Advocate

This is Southwest, so you would not have a change fee for the future flight. But it seems as though you want/need the refund because of your surgery.

Follow my instructions (post #2 above) and hope for the best ...

Neil likes this.
  12. FrankiS

Yes, I have made contact as mentioned in post #2 above. And yes, you are correct I do want/need the refund because of surgery. I am a server/bartender and I am not generating any income, with no release in sight from my surgeon, it would be extremely helpful to have the $730.... back on my credit card. Thank you so much for your help!

13. FrankiS

Yes, I have made contact as mentioned in post #2 above. And yes, you are correct I do want/need the refund because of surgery. I am a server/bartender and I am not generating any income, with no release in sight from my surgeon, it would be extremely helpful to have the $730.... back on my credit card. Thank you so much for your help!

14. VoR61

Advocate

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    Neil likes this.
  15. FrankiS

Yes, I understand and have sent request to "contact-us". Thank you!

16. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

Wait a week and if you hear nothing, write to the first executive we have listed.

17. FrankiS

Neil, will do. Thanks again.