1. Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
    Dismiss Notice

Letter writing to contacts works!

Discussion in 'T-Mobile' started by Algebralovr, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Algebralovr

Just figured I would share.

I decided to change carriers recently, to take advantage of a phone offer from T-Mobile. We ported in the first 4 numbers with no problem.

The 5th number we wanted to port in is a Vonage number that is considered a landline, since VOIP numbers are considered landlines. That has been problematic.

After 4 days of frustration, being told by agents that I needed to contact my current provider to clear the pending order that was holdig up my port, doing so, and being told I had no pending orders, I got smart and used chat instead of the phone to contact Vonage. That gave it to me in writing that the number had nothing blocking it.

Then, I sent an email to the first contact on the page associated with this site, detailing the situation, my frustration, the information needed for someone to follow up, and a copy of the chat log. I asked for someone within the US (because the call center employees are mostly not in the US) to please take ownership and follow up.

A few hours later, I got a phone call from a member of the executive team who had been forwarded my email, and who said he would look into and follow up on the situation. It is finally going through now!

He was also able to issue a credit for the line, since it is taking so long to port in.
    Thought I'd share some positive info. :)

2. not a frequent flyer

I've been a T-Mobile customer for about 8 years and I find that dealing with them through Facebook messenger yields excellent results. Taking a screenshot of previous messages and forwarding it to whomever I'm dealing with there works almost instantly to resolve any misunderstandings.