Let me Coach you through this

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 9, 2016
For a two year old bag that is a warranty you need. Do any handbag makers offer such a warranty for a 2 year old bag.
A long time ago I recall replacement warranty's (if they couldn't repair) but only for VERY high end bags.

These days probably not.

mmb

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
For a two year old bag that is a warranty you need. Do any handbag makers offer such a warranty for a 2 year old bag.
I'm pretty sure @sas80 meant that would be a nice goodwill gesture for an enduring customer. If they had an older bag around that was similar it probably would not have cost them much.
Keep in mind that @Libby Booker mailed her bag to them along with a check for $35 for the repair that the manager told her could be done. It can therefore be fairly well established that the bag meant something g to her.
Coach pretty much treated her badly, IMHO.

Apr 10, 2017
A long time ago I recall replacement warranty's (if they couldn't repair) but only for VERY high end bags.

These days probably not.
Dooney & Bourke did something like this at one point. I don't remember the details but my sister told me about sending one to the company to have it repaired. They didn't charge her anything and did a nice refurbishment on it. At that point the purse was over 10 years old. This happened quite a few years ago.

mmb

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
Dooney & Bourke did something like this at one point. I don't remember the details but my sister told me about sending one to the company to have it repaired. They didn't charge her anything and did a nice refurbishment on it. At that point the purse was over 10 years old. This happened quite a few years ago.
They still do that.