LA Times delivery & customer service issue

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 19, 2018
I have been a subscriber of the newspaper for over 30 years living in the same location. A few months ago I started having problems with late deliveries. My paper has been on time only 4 times in the last 15 days. Otherwise it is anywhere from 30 - 100 min. late. I have called, emailed, and gone on to their website to report the late deliveries. I can get a credit OR a redelivery of the paper. Today they didn't bother delivering at all. What steps should I take next? I don't see any executive contacts listed.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Subscribe to the electronic version of your paper. Then you can read it whenever you want.
Or cancel the paper. You seem to have a lousy delivery person. It’s not a job many people aspire to so many papers are happy they can get anyone to deliver.

Do they have a guaranteed delivery time in writing stating what time your paper will be delivered?

John Galbraith

Staff Member
Director
Jan 22, 2017
Poole
Hi MF4,

I thought the same as Neil re Facebook and twitter accounts but it transpires that is just for you to repost/retweet the name of biography of each executive.

Therefore I have researched and published executive contacts which can be found here. You can see there is a phone number and a link for reporting home delivery problems. We normally advise not to call so I would suggest you use the link or the general customer service email address I have published. If that doesn't work then the executives details are now on our site.

Jan 19, 2018
Subscribe to the electronic version of your paper. Then you can read it whenever you want.
Or cancel the paper. You seem to have a lousy delivery person. It’s not a job many people aspire to so many papers are happy they can get anyone to deliver.

Do they have a guaranteed delivery time in writing stating what time your paper will be delivered?
They have guaranteed delivery times posted on their website. 6 am M-F 7am Sat and 8 am Sun. I had cancelled, but then received an email the following week stating that they would ensure the delivery problem would be taken care of so I renewed my subscription. I do have access to the digital version, but neither my husband nor myself read the newspaper, magazines, or books digitally.

Jan 19, 2018
Hi MF4,

I thought the same as Neil re Facebook and twitter accounts but it transpires that is just for you to repost/retweet the name of biography of each executive.

Therefore I have researched and published executive contacts which can be found here. You can see there is a phone number and a link for reporting home delivery problems. We normally advise not to call so I would suggest you use the link or the general customer service email address I have published. If that doesn't work then the executives details are now on our site.
Thank you for looking up the executive contacts. I will try emailing the Vice President, Consumer Sales as I have already used both the phone number, link, and the general customer service email address over the past several weeks.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Hi MF4,

Well done, John!

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
They have guaranteed delivery times posted on their website. 6 am M-F 7am Sat and 8 am Sun. I had cancelled, but then received an email the following week stating that they would ensure the delivery problem would be taken care of so I renewed my subscription. I do have access to the digital version, but neither my husband nor myself read the newspaper, magazines, or books digitally.
I absolutely understand about reading the news 'online'. Ugh! I look forward to my WallStreetJournal every day ... we tried to let it go last year but both of us missed it too much. At least when there are delivery issues, they send a replacement paper out right away.

Glad that John got the contacts for LATimes. Remember our motto: polite, patient, persistent. Good luck, and please keep us updated.