Justice vouchers

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 10, 2015
I finally got my Justice voucher yesterday from the class action. First off, its on this post card that is very similar to the ones they send out just to advertise sales, cards that probably most people just throw away after a cursory glance. Good thing I looked a little closer. I wonder how many people accidently threw their vouchers away. I think its cheating to do it like that. So much for the attorneys representing the class.

Second, you have to use the entire voucher in one purchase/shopping trip. Anything that's not used, is gone. So we're going to have a big shopping trip when we go, as my voucher is for $280. Can't use any other discounts while using the voucher (other than clearance marked items or entire store sale), so maybe it won't be as big as I think. Still, I had expected to use it more like a gift card, use some now, and the rest later. My oldest daughter is no longer into Justice (class action took so long), but my youngest still is, so she'll get the benefit of a whole bunch of new clothes.

The voucher is good for a year at least, so we have time to decide when to go shopping.

Oct 4, 2017
I finally got my Justice voucher yesterday from the class action. First off, its on this post card that is very similar to the ones they send out just to advertise sales, cards that probably most people just throw away after a cursory glance. Good thing I looked a little closer. I wonder how many people accidently threw their vouchers away. I think its cheating to do it like that. So much for the attorneys representing the class.

Second, you have to use the entire voucher in one purchase/shopping trip. Anything that's not used, is gone. So we're going to have a big shopping trip when we go, as my voucher is for $280. Can't use any other discounts while using the voucher (other than clearance marked items or entire store sale), so maybe it won't be as big as I think. Still, I had expected to use it more like a gift card, use some now, and the rest later. My oldest daughter is no longer into Justice (class action took so long), but my youngest still is, so she'll get the benefit of a whole bunch of new clothes.

The voucher is good for a year at least, so we have time to decide when to go shopping.
I agree. Mine was for $763 which really excited me until I read the fine print. I have to spend it all at once, in-store. How can I possibly do this? Think they could have sent me 4 or 5 different post cards equaling the total instead of one. Also my child wears plus sizes which I purchase online because there are so little plus sizes in stores. What difference should It make to them if I spend it in-store or online???

Mar 10, 2015
Basically, Justice was accused of misrepresentation/fraud because it was always advertising 40% off sales when it purposefully increased prices by 40%, then gave a 40% discount and called it a "sale."

When notified of the lawsuit and potential settlement, we were given a choice. There was the 'standard' small check if you didn't have receipts. If you had receipts, then you could either get a check for a percentage amount your receipts, or a voucher for a larger percentage of your receipts. At the time I submitted receipts, I asked for the voucher because both of my daughters were still into Justice and I thought this would be great for clothes buying. I don't recall being informed that the voucher would have to be spent all at once, I suspect that was part of the settlement negotiation.

This settlement seemed to take a lot longer than most other consumer class action cases I've gotten notification. I had read that one party or another appealed some issues or the settlement and that's why things took so long.

Mine was for $763 which really excited me until I read the fine print. I have to spend it all at once, in-store. How can I possibly do this? Think they could have sent me 4 or 5 different post cards equaling the total instead of one. Also my child wears plus sizes which I purchase online because there are so little plus sizes in stores. What difference should It make to them if I spend it in-store or online??
I think that really sucks. I agree that the stores rarely, if ever, stock plus sizes, I think I've seen them only a very few times and only for a few items. Maybe you can contact the attorneys for the class and explain the problem? or maybe call Justice?

Oct 4, 2017
For the plus-size question: Go to the website and print out the exact things you want to buy. Then take the list to the store and have the store order them for you because they don't have them in stock. This should work.
That is a good idea...I will try it!

Mar 10, 2015
So yesterday, I got another Justice voucher in the mail, this time for just $30. I thought that was strange. Did anyone else get a second voucher?