1. Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
    Dismiss Notice

JUSTAIRTICKET- Is this a scam?

Discussion in 'Travel agencies' started by katya_vulkova, Jul 18, 2016.

1. katya_vulkova

Here is my issue with this agency:

Yesterday I booked three tickets on justairticket.com. Almost immediately someone called me to ask me all the details, and I confirmed everything with them on the phone. At the end of the conversations he said he will send me this email asking me for a copy of my ID and my credit card. He said that because the price is higher than $2500, they would need me to fill out an authorization form, and to send these photocopies along. The copies may all be blacked out- but they need to see my name on the cards.

Is that a legitimate request? Is that a real company?
    The charges are processing on my bank account. Its says PENDING.
    I contacted them to ask for a confirmation number, they said they won't give me one unless I provide them with all that. The reviews on Trip Adviser say that once they give them the authorization, they call and inform you that the price has gone up. Then there's really not much you can do, as you just authorized them.

What do I do? So far I have not sent anything.

Please advise.
    Thanks.

2. Patina

Patina Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

If you have the opportunity to cancel the tickets without any penalty fee, please do so and book the tickets directly with an airline or contact a brick and mortar travel agent. It may be legit but why go through the hassle?

TropicalRichmond and Warren like this.
  3. katya_vulkova

THIS IS THE EMAAIL FROM THEM!

Kindly review all the information that includes (name, date, complete flight details and the total charge amount) and abiding with all the legal terms and conditions, and that you will not make any disputes with your Financial Institution, Airlines or the Merchant thereafter for the charges, please reply to this email with your authorization stating that you authorize www.justairticket.com to charge the total amount of USD XXXX for non-refundable and non-transferable ticket(s) on your credit/debit card.

Additionally, as Card Holder is making payment for Traveler other than himself/herself, we request the
    credit/debit card holder to :-
    1. Kindly sign the attached authorization form and send us back at support@justairticket.com
    AND
    2. Send scan copy of:-
    a. Credit/Debit card used for reservation.
    b. Front page of the card holder's passport.

Additionally, as Card Holder is different from Traveler(s), we request the credit/debit card holder to call us @ 1-800-940-9345 or 201-942-1029 from the phone number registered with the bank in order to authorize the total charge.

4. katya_vulkova

The fee is $250- $450- it says so in their email.

5. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

Have you done a Google search for complaints about the company?

If they are legit, they would have a system like the airlines that you put your cc info In and don't need to follow up with sending copies.

Cancel if it's been less than 24 hours and book directly with the airline '. If it seems too good to be true it usually is.

6. katya_vulkova

The free cancellation is 2 hours after the booking. Then there is a free between $250-$450.
    If I did not give them authorization, then they should not charge the card, right? Per their rules.

7. johnbaker

johnbaker Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

@katya_vulkova At this point, I'd tell them you aren't comfortable providing that information due to potential ID theft. I'd leave it up to them if they process the ticket without the written auth or cancel it. Either way, it sounds like you'd be ok with it.

If they do process, make sure that you get an airline conf # to confirm the booking.

TropicalRichmond and Patina like this.
  8. sas80

Staff Member Advocate

I wouldn't....
    https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k7243629-Www_justairticket_com-Air_Travel.html

One poster said their CC company called and said someone was trying to fraud their card.

If the terms and conditions are that you need to send photocopies to them, just don5t send them. I'm sure that they will try to get you to pay their booking fee, but it would be VERY worth it to explain to your CC company that you suspect they are a fraudulent site and was going to abuse your card.

Mandy_Elaine, AAGK and Warren like this.
  9. katya_vulkova

Thanks. My only concern is if they take the money and they do not give me the confirmation.

10. sas80

Staff Member Advocate

At the very least your credit card company will step in on that. You are transacting for a service. The vendor doesn't get to charge you for the service and then not provide you an actual service.

Warren likes this.
  11. AAGK

In a couple days the site will either remove the authorization since you didn't send the docs (best case scenario) or the charges will move to posted. They already have your money.

Am I correct that they didn't notify you about the additional requirements until after you provided your card info? If I were you, I would call my card issuer and add an alert to monitor when the charge posts and then immediately dispute it at that time, if it does post- if you are unwilling to provide the extra docs. The site changed the terms of the agreement after you paid and I would not want to go forward with them.

Algebralovr, jsn55, Flywisely and 2 others like this.
  12. katya_vulkova

Yes, you are right. Nowhere on their site it says - you will be asked to provide whatever. They called after the fact and notified me of all that!

AAGK likes this.
  13. AAGK

Then that's not fair. Your agreement was provide the credit card and they ticket the flight. You did your part, they should've done theirs. Instead they added more stuff for you to do after. This is not what you agreed to.

The charge may not post. They may just remove it when they don't receive the additional info. That would be great and you would the. Start over and book your tickets with the airline. If you still want to go forward with this airline, then you could provide what they ask and see what happens. It sounds weird for airline tickets but it is something that online companies sometimes do. I don't know anything about this company but I have provided this kind of information before. The only example I can think of is Venmo, which is an iPhone app to send money. When I set up my account they requested a picture of my license and credit card front and back, which I sent and it was fine.

Flywisely likes this.
  14. katya_vulkova

Thanks a lot!

15. Joe Farrell

I have reviewed your terms and I reject them.

Please cancel all reservations and refund all sums charged.

Thank you.

joycexyz, Nancy, George M and 2 others like this.
  16. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

Then you file a credit card chargeback

jsn55 likes this.
  17. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

18. JVillegirl541

Staff Member Advocate

Are you booking these tickets in the US or are you located somewhere else in the world?
    Why did you book with these people and what cancellation policies are on the website or in the booking process?

It's very wise to stay as far as possible from these types of Online Agencies.

19. JVillegirl541

Staff Member Advocate

They can not ask you or require you to sign a contract After the Fact.

20. John Grier

no one would seriously take any notice of the garbage on trip advisor. I used to get emails from India every week, when worked in travel, saying something like ... get 1,000 +ve comments + 1,000 -ve comments for your opposition on trip advisor for $100.