Just Be Alert with Verizon's "Deals"

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

Carol Phillips

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 28, 2014
Coastal South Carolina
We're long term Verizon Wireless customers and were offered the chance to pre-order the new Samsung Galaxy S7 phones. My husband asked the man who'd called to please call back since I wasn't around to discuss the matter.

After running the numbers, we decided to make the switch.

The man did not call back. So my husband called Verizon and was told the man would call in a couple of hours. Nope. Didn't happen. So my husband called back again and spoke with a very nice young lady who went through the entire deal scenario and we accepted. We then asked about the Free Samsung Gear S2 Watches that were part of the deal (mentioned by the man who called, and offered online).

Long story short, even after escalating to a supervisor, it turned out that THAT department was not authorized to offer the free S2 watches as a bonus. We'd have to order online to get them.

Yep, online we went. And there were the free watches. Along with a $44/month increase in our monthly charges that mysteriously appeared when we moved to the next page.

Hubby called Verizon and after speaking with two people, finally got someone who understood the promo. Upshot is that we got the phones, the watches AND the price we'd been offered in the first place (five reps previously).

So my suggestion would be to watch the deals VERY carefully to make sure you're getting what is offered and at the correct price. It's way too easy to be misled....

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
We're long term Verizon Wireless customers and were offered the chance to pre-order the new Samsung Galaxy S7 phones. My husband asked the man who'd called to please call back since I wasn't around to discuss the matter.

After running the numbers, we decided to make the switch.

The man did not call back. So my husband called Verizon and was told the man would call in a couple of hours. Nope. Didn't happen. So my husband called back again and spoke with a very nice young lady who went through the entire deal scenario and we accepted. We then asked about the Free Samsung Gear S2 Watches that were part of the deal (mentioned by the man who called, and offered online).

Long story short, even after escalating to a supervisor, it turned out that THAT department was not authorized to offer the free S2 watches as a bonus. We'd have to order online to get them.

Yep, online we went. And there were the free watches. Along with a $44/month increase in our monthly charges that mysteriously appeared when we moved to the next page.

Hubby called Verizon and after speaking with two people, finally got someone who understood the promo. Upshot is that we got the phones, the watches AND the price we'd been offered in the first place (five reps previously).

So my suggestion would be to watch the deals VERY carefully to make sure you're getting what is offered and at the correct price. It's way too easy to be misled....
Good Lord, isn't that the truth? Between people calling you, you calling them, and what's on the internet, you just have to make notes of all the details ... with a pen and a piece of paper! Then you keep that paper somewhere (I have a 'pending stuff' file) until everything is set and you've been through at least two billing cycles. I lost out on a very nice promotion several years ago because I hadn't made notes and couldn't recreate what I had 'bought'.

So now you two are twins with your matching watches and phones? Next will come the matching polo shirts and cowboy boots?

Carol Phillips

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 28, 2014
Coastal South Carolina
Good Lord, isn't that the truth? Between people calling you, you calling them, and what's on the internet, you just have to make notes of all the details ... with a pen and a piece of paper! Then you keep that paper somewhere (I have a 'pending stuff' file) until everything is set and you've been through at least two billing cycles. I lost out on a very nice promotion several years ago because I hadn't made notes and couldn't recreate what I had 'bought'.

So now you two are twins with your matching watches and phones? Next will come the matching polo shirts and cowboy boots?
You've met us. You KNOW we wear matching gear all the time, with our initials embroidered on the shirts :)

Seriously, we got different color phones ...

Barry Graham

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Jan 7, 2015
It's nice that Verizon did that for you in the end. Good to see a company behaving as they should in the end even if they didn't at first.