JCPenney denies me access to their website because I am in Israel

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

technomage1

Verified Member
Jan 5, 2015
I'm a little confused - were you able to connect in Israel and S Korea with the VPN? It sounds like no. i thought using one you would be able to get online but guess not.
No, you can connect with a VPN. VPNs let you chose servers in different countries. Essentially, your online location becomes different than your physical one. I chose a server in those countries and could not connect. But by choosing a US server, I was able to. A person located in Israel would simply chose a US server vs an Israel one to connect and viola.

Most VPNs offer free trials so you can try before you buy and see if it works and works on all your devices.

I checked to make sure it wasn't an ISP specific problem with our writers.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Ah, you guys are great. NOW I understand and can move forward to check out a VPN. Rozanne, some of the weird issues you're having may be because JCP is in pretty serious financial turmoil and they may not be taking care of business very well right now. They've been in the financial news for a good long time, they've changed their way-of-going several times, but it's still serious. All big retailers are suffering terribly ... combination of people buying everything on line and their lacklustre customer service that's gotten worse over the years. If you can buy the perfect sweater at a good price and it arrives in a few days, why would you bother with the mall where you'll pay twice as much for far less service.