Is this an involuntary bump? If not, what should I get?

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 11, 2017
Maybe I misunderstood the situation, but your gf was on the flight she intended to be, even got a free upgrade. They offered full reimbursement to her.
They offered full reimbursement to you too + the free upgrade. Both of you flew free.
I understand the frustration regarding the long phone call, and the 4.5 hour dealy, but to get 'some more'?

Jan 25, 2018
Maybe I misunderstood the situation, but your gf was on the flight she intended to be, even got a free upgrade. They offered full reimbursement to her.
They offered full reimbursement to you too + the free upgrade. Both of you flew free.
I understand the frustration regarding the long phone call, and the 4.5 hour dealy, but to get 'some more'?
You understand correctly. I'm not saying I will pursue more, I'm just seeing what has been everyone's experience and what they think is appropriate.

I know we've been clear this isn't an involuntary bump, but it essentially IS....the only difference is I was at home when they "bumped" me, as opposed to at the gate. I had a confirmed ticket that was taken from me to accommodate another passenger. Maybe that's what is bothering me. It's also the bigger question for me of "what IS a confirmed ticket now that I've been through this?" and when can they take it away from me, skirting around rules in place to avoid this situation and compensate appropriately? Something just doesn't sit right with me. But at this point, I think I need to take this compensation and walk. (FYI- I rarely fight for compensation when I feel wronged or slighted on anything. It's just my personality. So me fighting this is a big deal).