INCOMPETENT SEARS TECHNICIAN - FOOD LOSS

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 11, 2018
OZ
Company you have a question or comment about: Sears Holdings

On approximately October 8 or October 13 2017, I enlisted Sears to repair my refrigerator. The first technician failed to replace thermostat which I later discovered from the second technician was the issue for my problem. However, the first technician told me refrigerator was repaired and I restocked my refrigerator with approximately $150.00 worth of food, condiments, and staples. The second technician came out to inspect why my refrigerator was still not working and discovered the thermostat needed to be replaced. He did not have one on his truck and had to order the replacement. The third technician came out, replaced the thermostat and my refrigerator worked properly. Going by the first technicians’ word that my refrigerator had been being properly repaired (when it wasn't) I lost $150.00 worth of food due to his negligence and dereliction of duty. I called and emailed Sears Holding and they refused to reimburse me because I could not present a receipt. I do not keep grocery receipts only to check if I have been charged correctly on merchandise I buy. After that they get tossed.

What's your desired resolution? I am requesting to be compensated the $150.00 of food I lost due to the technician's negligence to fix refrigerator properly and giving me derelict information that my fridge was repaired when it wasn't.

What's the value of your claim (in US $)? $150.00

Date of transaction/travel date: 2017-10-08 or 2017-10-13

Very unsatisfied consumer,
Dream Yvonne J. Perkins

Carrie Livingston

Staff Member
Advocate
Jan 6, 2015
Did you pay cash for the food or did you use a debit or credit card? If you used a card, you might be able to provide a statement showing the charges. You also migt be able to go to the store and they could provide a duplicate receipt.

Mar 11, 2018
OZ
Did you pay cash for the food or did you use a debit or credit card? If you used a card, you might be able to provide a statement showing the charges. You also migt be able to go to the store and they could provide a duplicate receipt.
Thanks for the suggestions, but I pay cash for nearly everything. I use my debit card for bill paying only. How would they have a receipt from October 2017??? I'm not sure what day of the month I went shopping but maybe they can pull it up by my shopper's member number. I always use that. Worth a try I suppose.

Apr 10, 2017
I don't know about your grocery store but I shop at Meijer and I can log into my mPerks account and easily pull up a receipt. I can go back 2 years. Hopefully you can do that as well.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Thanks for the suggestions, but I pay cash for nearly everything. I use my debit card for bill paying only. How would they have a receipt from October 2017??? I'm not sure what day of the month I went shopping but maybe they can pull it up by my shopper's member number. I always use that. Worth a try I suppose.
Thats a great idea. My wife has one of these apps that she takes pictures of receipts when she goes food shopping and the company donates money to her grandkids schools. She can bring up old receipts that way.

Carrie Livingston

Staff Member
Advocate
Jan 6, 2015
@DREAM I know that the store should be able to pull up the receipt. You may have to go up higher than store level though to get the information because there is likely a time limit on how long the data is stored on the individual store's computers. However if you can log in with your shopper's member number you can probably see what you bought or at least get a printout of the transaction date/time.

Last edited: