I Want No or Very Few Emails from Here

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Dec 26, 2014
Please don't send me emails that remind me that this site exists. If there's a way to opt out, please show me where to find it. If there isn't, please add one, and please make the default to be opt OUT. Thanks.

Please give us an option to have the boxes for watching a thread and email notification to be unchecked by default. Thanks.

Please let me know how I can unwatch all of the threads I'm currently watching and turn off email notifications for any posts for which I overlooked that darn default check mark!

Thanks for any comments on this. I'll check back periodically to see if there are any answers.

Christopher Elliott

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Aug 22, 2007
Orlando
www.chriselliotts.com
I pushed the wrong button this morning when I sent out the update. (This is new software for me, too.) I'm migrating to a new email list software that will allow me to opt everyone out who doesn't want to be on the list, and hopefully that will work. My apologies for the intrusion.

Grant Ritchie

Dependable adequacy :-)
Oct 1, 2014
Good morning,

So... we're getting too pesty? I know the feeling. Sorry about that.

Actually, the boxes for watching a thread and email notification are unchecked by default. The only email notifications you should be receiving are for forums and subforums you signed up to "Watch."

To receive fewer email notifications, go to any of your "Watched" forums/subforums for which you no longer wish to receive notifications. In the middle of the page(s), you'll see an ""Unwatch Forum" button. Click it. A window will open with a second "Unwatch Forum" button. Click that one, and the deal is done.. Move on to the next forum/subforum you wish to unwatch, and repeat.

If you continue to receive unwanted emails, please let me know.

Grant