HP Pavilion All in One Fan noise issues repaired 2x still broke

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Nov 16, 2017
Hi,

I bought an HP Pavilion 27-a210 from Best Buy in June 2017. In September, I started having very loud fan noise. So loud you could hear it from the next room. I contacted HP and they tried troubleshooting online but ended up sending me a box to ship my computer to them for repair. Received my computer back and in a week or so same issue returned. Contacted them again and again same deal. Sent the computer back and now it's happened twice again. Supposedly it was repaired twice. So why do I keep having this issue? I was told the last time that if it wasn't fixed they would get a supervisor involved. I'm annoyed. Called them...could never get through to the right person....was given the let me transfer you game. Did the online chat...they want to try and fix it online. No, I told them I'm not interested in that. I was told I could go to Best Buy. Not sure why, since they have a 15 day return policy and this is an HP product....so why can't give me a refund. I want to go get a different computer. I'm burned on this right now. They are once again shipping me another computer box to send my computer back. They promise to fix it. Really?

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Vicki, I've done biz with HP exactly once and to solve problems with that laptop, I got help from a VP who I met on a Nile cruise! HP is a terrible company, so arrogant that you marvel at them. A woman in our office went through 6 HP printers in a year, they just kept breaking ... when she called they'd just tell her to ship the thing back and they'd replace it. So obviously they knew the printers were sub-standard. It's no fun to be without a printer for a week!

You have been more than patient. If Neil's links don't get you a new laptop from HP, I'd lean on BestBuy. They don't HAVE to help you, but I'll bet they will if you ask nicely. Consumers should not have to put up with this kind of shoddy service, not to mention shoddy products. Come on back and we can give you some detailed instructions on how to write an email that will get you some justice.

Sep 19, 2015
HP used to be a decent company -- I am thinking over 12 years ago and I have to say that an office I know has had terrible issues with some printer models and others were ok.

I am interested in hearing about the resolution as I am going to need to buy a new windows computer soon.

A fan should not be failing like this. It sounds like this is a dud.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
HP used to be a decent company -- I am thinking over 12 years ago and I have to say that an office I know has had terrible issues with some printer models and others were ok.

I am interested in hearing about the resolution as I am going to need to buy a new windows computer soon.

A fan should not be failing like this. It sounds like this is a dud.
My computer guru built my big machine 6 or 7 years ago and it's been fine; a little psycho once in a while these days, but reliable. I know I'll have to move up to W-10 some day, so I'd be grateful to hear what you decide. I bought a W-10 laptop a couple of years ago ... an AZUS. I'm so pleased with it that I bought another, tinier one for travel.

I've used Epson printers almost exclusively over the years and have had few (if any) issues with them. Other than the super-maddening ink carts that signal empty when they're still half full, of course.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Happy HP customer! You guys ROCK! I was contacted by a member of the customer escalations and he told me it would be no problem to get a replacement based on all the trouble I had. Happy to say the replacement arrived on Saturday and the lemon shipped back to them on Monday.
Happy that you got a new machine, Vicki. I can't agree with you that this is good CS, tho, after all you went through. This guy should have contacted you after the second breakdown.

Sep 19, 2015
Vicki thank you for the update. I am happy you have a new computer and hopefully it will keep working.

JSN55 is right, it should not have taken this long, but my expectations are so low that I see this as a victory. And I am relieved that HP eventually did the right thing.

I need to buy a new travel computer (i.e. Inexpensive windows system, one where I will not scream if it gets damaged) and now I will consider HP.