How do I get Frontier to Reimburse me for United Airline Tickets when their Flight Did Not Complete

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Dec 27, 2016
My family of 5 were on a Frontier flight to Cancun for long planned vacation through Apple on Dec 19, 2016 out of St. Louis. Not until a few hours after the scheduled flight out of St. Louis were we told they completely cancelled the flight & that we would be refunded the cost of our trip from an Apple representative. ( I've hear and read lots on why it happened and at this point, I don't care. I just want our money back.)

Long story short, after spending several hours trying to find another flight out we couldn't & we drove home. My husband then found a flight out on the other side of our state and we booked it. We got up at 3am 2 days in a row and our day getting to our resort took was over 21 hours. It was horrific, but we made it.

We went through an Apple travel agent online and I am not getting a straight answer from him. Our tickets to get down there were $1700 and we missed nearly 2 days at our resort. This agent is saying it's Frontier that will need to refund us, but they have nothing to do with the resort, not to mention the other expenses we incurred.

Do you have any advise?

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
What a nightmare, Kristine, especially for a Christmas trip ... all travellers dread this kind of experience ... so glad you finally got there. Neil is right, you are Apple's client. The agent should have immediately told you how this would work. S/he is showing ignorance and lack of interest in customers. The proper response is something like "I'm so sorry, let me get some details down and I will make sure the right department gets to work on your request right away".

Please compose a concise, unemotional and polite letter to Apple requesting compensation. The refund may have already been processed by Frontier and your agent just doesn't know it yet. I'm assuming that Apple is a reputable travel agency and your problem just hasn't been handled yet.

Jul 27, 2016
Frontier should refund you the cost of your Frontier tickets, but the refund will have to go through Apple. As to the cost of the new flights you booked, those aren't Frontier's responsibility.