Hotel.com Misrepresentation of Price

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
The problem is this is not a regular hotel- it’s a building with 24 apartments. If there are regular apartment owners - it’s not all that unusual to have roaches in NYC apartments.

I grew up in the Bronx and there were plenty of apartments we lived in with roaches. It’s an unfortunate fact of life in NYC when you have apartments with kitchens or kitchenettes. All it takes is one person to have them and they spread. Many landlords have their apartments sprayed monthly but if you aren’t home when they come- your apartments the one they run to to get away from the spray.

A few years ago we had workers in our house that brought tarps and after they left I found a dead roach in the bathtub after they took the tarps down. My wife thought it was hilarious that I immediately called an exterminator and had the house sprayed in case there was a live one that came in on those tarps. After living in the Bronx I wasn’t taking any chances.
One of your best posts EVER, Neil. I'm afraid that our OP wasn't meticulous when booking this accommodation, difficult to get the word out that the "internet is not your friend". It's merely a venue to pass information back and forth ... little of which is controlled by anyone. "Buyer beware" is the first thing people need to consider before booking anything on the 'net. The sellers have learned what to dangle out there to attract buyers who get excited about a low price, for instance, and forget to check everything else out.