Honda North America

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 27, 2021
I recently bought a brand new 2020 Ridgeline December 23, 2020. On 2/14/21 I experienced a problem with the transmission. I had a code pop up on my dash which in turn made my vehicle impossible to move out of gear. I got it to the dealer and they told me they cleared the codes and it would half to do it again before they would do anything.?? On the next day it popped the same code and I had it towed back to the dealership. They had it for an extended period of time saying they repaired it by replacing the transmission harness. Mind you I planned to drive this vehicle to Florida that week. I got it back again and they said all was good to go and I got the green light from the dealership and Honda Care that it was safe/dependable to drive 1200 miles. The next day the code popped up again. I had it towed back for its third visit to the dealership. Now they said that my truck needed a transmission. Not a new one, but a rebuilt one. All of this with less than 3000 miles on it. I now have it back again and I don't feel safe or confident in this vehicle. I have asked Honda Care to work with me. They have refused to buy the vehicle back or replace it with a new truck. This truck was my retirement gift and a necessity living in northern Michigan during the winter time.

Mar 27, 2021
Thx Neil, i read it three times.
The law states that in order to meet the lemon law standard, a vehicle needs to be serviced 4 times or in service more than 30 days on the same issue. am I reading this wrong? I hope so....

Mar 27, 2021
What other recourse do I have? I do not feel safe nor confident in this vehicle.... I bought this vehicle because of the reputation on this company. I am hoping they will step up and take care of me...

VoR61

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
You could escalate this VIA EMAIL using the contacts in the following link:

Honda

do not include attachments - - offer instead to send them upon request
be sure to start at the lowest level and that you give each contact one (1) week to respond before escalating to the next level

Jan 6, 2021
Houston, TX
agreed, either 4 times or 30 days...
I used to practice law in Michigan and am still licensed there. There are a lot of attorneys who deal with these cases, and just because the AG's website says one thing, it doesn't mean that's absolutely, positively the way it is. Go to http://michbar.org and use the attorney search to find lawyers in your area who specialize in this--there may not be any close if you're over the bridge, but these guys handle these cases from afar and the city guys would be more than happy to help. The consultations are usually free; if you're interested in pursuing a case, that's the way to go. Oftentimes these attorneys file suits in bulk, and the mere filing of the suit gets the manufacturers hopping.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2019
There's a Michigan attorney by the name of Steve Lehto who specializes in lemon law who's been an active columnist at Jalopnik (auto enthusiast site) for a number of years. I've never used him, but might be a place to start.