Homewood Suites

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I agree with VoR, I think you need an advocate who can be there in person or close on the phone. Reading your posts, it seems that you have a problem with housekeeping. But your stories describe various things that have happened without any underlying facts, so we are left wondering how to help you.

As far as not liking the food, I believe that HS offers a light meal several evenings a week. They post the month's 'menu' on your refrigerator. If you don't like what they're offering you are always free to dine elsewhere, or bring something in and enjoy the nice lobby with convenient tables.

I would urge you to follow up on VoR's advocate information and get some assistance with your situation.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I agree with VoR, I think you need an advocate who can be there in person or close on the phone. Reading your posts, it seems that you have a problem with housekeeping. But your stories describe various things that have happened without any underlying facts, so we are left wondering how to help you.

As far as not liking the food, I believe that HS offers a light meal several evenings a week. They post the month's 'menu' on your refrigerator. If you don't like what they're offering you are always free to dine elsewhere, or bring something in and enjoy the nice lobby with convenient tables.

I would urge you to follow up on VoR's advocate information and get some assistance with your situation.
These suites also have appliances- can’t you cook your own meal if you don’t like what that particular nights meal is? From what I recall the evening meals are not full meals but more of an evening social event email you snacks and tiny sandwiches. And not every night if I can recall.

Do they offer grocery shopping too? That would help you fill the fridge so you have something to eat for the nights you might not like what they offer.

Apr 3, 2016
From the Homewood Suites web page...
Stop by our dining room Monday through Thursday evening to indulge in our Complimentary Evening Social*. Socialize with friends, family and even the Homewood Suites staff while enjoying beverages and "small plate" offerings - they are just the right size as an appetizer or a small, satisfying meal.

The food served is not intended to be a full dinner (at most a small, satisfying meal). The menu is even posted. There seems to be more than soup or salad served.
http://homewoodsuites3.hilton.com/resources/media/hw/en_US/img/brand/HWSsocialcalendar_January18.pdf

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
From the Homewood Suites web page...
Stop by our dining room Monday through Thursday evening to indulge in our Complimentary Evening Social*. Socialize with friends, family and even the Homewood Suites staff while enjoying beverages and "small plate" offerings - they are just the right size as an appetizer or a small, satisfying meal.

The food served is not intended to be a full dinner (at most a small, satisfying meal). The menu is even posted. There seems to be more than soup or salad served.
http://homewoodsuites3.hilton.com/resources/media/hw/en_US/img/brand/HWSsocialcalendar_January18.pdf
Which is why there really shouldnt be a complaint about that because it’s not intended to be a meal.

There are some legitimate complaints but also some that shouldn’t be brought up at all because it takes the focus off the real problem.

Jan 6, 2015
For what it's worth, from the menu above I see the following phrases which, to me, could be interpreted to mean more than a light meal:

leaning tower of pizza
hearty italian pasta
sliders and ... sides​

But I agree with @Razilo that this is more than just soup and salad (except for one night)

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
For what it's worth, from the menu above I see the following phrases which, to me, could be interpreted to mean more than a light meal:

leaning tower of pizza
hearty italian pasta
sliders and ... sides​

But I agree with @Razilo that this is more than just soup and salad (except for one night)
It’s still a freebie they don’t have to offer at all so it isn’t something to complain about.

Jan 3, 2018
Also, I never stated any shoes was broken. The first days I did not receive service ( the room attendant claim the do not disturb sign was out. I don’t use the sign). This is the attendant response so she won’t get in trouble. She also claims she just started when I came. I have given you the entire story. These are actual facts that happened to me. The manager advised me that they don’t want to clean my room when I advised her of not receiving service or poor service ( This is their defense for not wanting to acknowledge that their not providing hospitality) . When I asked her what is the issue they have with the room, she gave me an example of if they clean the room then it’s in disarray the next ( this doesn’t make sense). I advised her that I was in the military and that experience taught me how to keep a room emaculate. I advised her of that and she advised me I am taking it literally( my pictures won’t upload along with this post).

Jan 3, 2018
Yes, I have tipped them from August and continuing. The issue is the one room attendant gets mad for being corrected by the manager and using this to retaliate and use excuse like I could not get in or the do not sign was out.

Jan 3, 2018
I am not paying a special rate ( this is a service provide as well as breakfast). I did not mention my shoes were broken. I have requested another room attendant ( the manager honored and then brought the bad room attendant back). She claims her actions were due to her not having a home to stay. They were several meetings to discuss her behavior. She acknowledged to do better. She began acting up again. I have been understanding, ask for different room attendant, given many resolutions to stop the issues.

Jan 3, 2018
I have my own food ( I was given my review of it of the service offer to me). I have given all the facts. This is just a incident no one would think would happen beyond the normal I got charge for a room I cancel or for a broken lamp etc. These are all the facts and actual events.

Jan 3, 2018
What’s on the menu is not what’s given ( As I stated, it’s soup and salad and the general manager advised that all the guests have the same complaints as well as the staff).

Jan 3, 2018
I do cook. The issue is that they are telling guests you get dinner ( when it’s not dinner) at the front desk. The food taste and looked foreign ( I try to upload pictures but it won’t let me). They acknowledge that they are aware of it ( all guests complain).

Jan 3, 2018
My main focus is the issues with service of my room ( however the food is apart of my bad experience and I insert to let them know that it’s misleading at the front desk when being advised of dinner). From your response, I now know the website states something else ( thank you).

Jan 3, 2018
I do cook. The issue is that the service is there for all guests to take advantage of instead of cooking ( especially for the busy life of guests). It a service therefore I can advise them of the problem with the food that they can stop giving a freebie that is awful.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Blessings, the term “they are breaking your shoes” means they are giving you a hard time. It doesn’t literally mean they broke shoes.

Is there any reason you can’t move to another hotel?

The service they provide is a cocktail hour service and not a full dinner where you can order what you want. It seems to be a free service they provide to everyone with small
Plates. It’s not something you can order. This is a complimentary service that they don’t have to provide so I suggest you leave this totally out of your complaint. It’s not a valid complaint- focus on the REAL issue.

It sounds like what they are saying is that as soon as they clean your room it’s a mess again and there is more work for then than any other guest. Is that what they told you? Also- the room attendant being homeless has nothing to do with her not cleaning your room. So what if the room is a mess the next day? That shouldn’t be an excuse to not provide some kind of service.

If the manager refuses to give you a different room attendant, use our company contacts for Homewood Suites and contact the Corporate offices. You are paying for a service you aren’t receiving:

http://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/hilton/ Write to the customer service email address.

Give them a week to reply. If they don't respond or refuse to help, write to the first executive shown. Tell him/her that Customer Service wasn't able to help or didn't reply. Give the executive a week to reply. If necessary, repeat weekly going up the chain of Executives one at a time. If you get all the Executives with no help, come back here and let us know and we'll
Tell you the next step. Make sure you keep all the emails as you'll need to forward them to the writers if they need to get involved.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

I would ordinarily tell you to contact your credit card company too but if you dispute anything they will likely take every opportunity to kick you out.

Did you see the post from one of our advocates to contact the Veterans Service? They may be able to help you find permanent housing so you don’t have to go through this.

Jan 3, 2018
Okay, thanks for explaining the breaking your shoes ( learn something new). The manager knows that it’s not true about the room is in disarray the next day ( she was here many times before service and after service). She stated, “if the room attendant clean the room well upon the next service room is in disarray.” This makes no sense. I am paying for the service. The real issue is the room is not being clean well and when I give grievances I am being view as a problematic guest. She advised me she wouldn’t be staying in a hotel or if she was having these same issues she would leave.

I advised that I could leave and release these issues to social media and give my money to another competitor which would affect her salary when no one checks no need for room service manager). She quickly back tracked and advised me if I leave with out telling them ( they won’t know the problem existed and apologized for her statement ).

Also, the general manager has ask me to give him a chance to correct these issues by checking up with me every week ( after sending complaints to customer care). Then, I received no service again after speaking with him last Wednesday.

Yes, I received the va information. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.