Home Depot refund help please!

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Dec 15, 2017
So update: (just a guy you were so helpful! It was the out of country thing that made situation hard)

HD ended up bumping up gift cards to $1267
Sold fridge for $1000. ( I ended up with additional costs for advertising, 1 weeks storage, property manager paying duty and collecting and depositing payment)

So I broke even.

I can live with this, glad it’s over. In the end I still think HD should have returned money, but in all fairness I’m whole again.

Thanks to all for the help!

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Yes Home Depot should have refunded your money and I still don’t understand why they didn’t because you have an email saying they were canceling your order.

But as long as you have been made whole and are satisfied with the outcome, you’ve avoided what could be a long drawn out process.

Congratulations and Happy Holidays!

Dec 15, 2017
I can only assume the reason for gift cards is because I got to keep the fridge? HD definitely didn't want it back.

I would have preferred the money, am I totally really "whole" again? But to draw it out was not worth it, eventually I have enough around the house to fix for the gift cards.

Happy New Year to all, and thanks again for your help!

PS . I now have another problem with a missing wire PNC did for me so may have to post a new thread

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
A wire is cash- did you by any chance put an incorrect account number or routing number when you wired the money? If so- you are reliant on the person who received it in error to return the money.

If the bank lost it- it’s a different story.

Dec 15, 2017
Neil, I'll post this maybe separately?

All numbers, account, routing, etc were correct. The beneficiary city was spelled wrong . (it should have been Providenciales, instead was spelled Providnecciales) . Do you think that could do it?

Sent on 12th, suppose to be available on 22. Put trace on 19th. I have gone to escalation Dept at PNC trying to help me.

Wow, the aftermath of 2 hurricanes have been more stressful than the hurricanes!!!

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Neil, I'll post this maybe separately?

All numbers, account, routing, etc were correct. The beneficiary city was spelled wrong . (it should have been Providenciales, instead was spelled Providnecciales) . Do you think that could do it?

Sent on 12th, suppose to be available on 22. Put trace on 19th. I have gone to escalation Dept at PNC trying to help me.

Wow, the aftermath of 2 hurricanes have been more stressful than the hurricanes!!!
No, the spelling should not have been an issue. According to my wife- a former banker- the most important thing is the account number and routing are correct.

Is the receiving bank operating as usual since the hurricane?

You have done the right thing by having you bank out a tracer on the wire. PNC needs to find out what is going on or recall it for you if it’s sitting in limbo.

We have company contacts for PNC if you can’t get answers:

http://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/pnc-bank/

Jul 27, 2016
So update: (just a guy you were so helpful! It was the out of country thing that made situation hard)

HD ended up bumping up gift cards to $1267
Sold fridge for $1000. ( I ended up with additional costs for advertising, 1 weeks storage, property manager paying duty and collecting and depositing payment)

So I broke even.

I can live with this, glad it’s over. In the end I still think HD should have returned money, but in all fairness I’m whole again.

Thanks to all for the help!
Glad we were able to help!