Holland America Lines Cruise - Deposit Refund Refused

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

Michelle Friedman

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Sep 19, 2015
He sent me the confirmation. It does say that the deposit is nonrefundable as of August 30, 2017. But for clarification, I sent a request to HAL to make sure that wasn't a typo.

The reservation is completely canceled at this time.

Sep 10, 2017
I appreciate every ones comments and suggestions. I certainly will not make this mistake again next time. However, I need to focus on how I can get my $600 back from HAL. I had a non-refundable fare and I understand what that means. However, the cruise was listed as a Cuban Explorer cruise for 11-days; however, is less than a day in Cuba. I cancelled within one business day of booking. Good sense and good customer service says that HAL should refund my money.

Patina

Verified Member
Dec 22, 2015
Again, your best bet is to write to the execs and ask politely for an exception to their fare rule. It is best to own your mistake in your email and 'artfully beg' for a refund.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Again, your best bet is to write to the execs and ask politely for an exception to their fare rule. It is best to own your mistake in your email and 'artfully beg' for a refund.
Your only hope is to write to them and ask. They may have some of the same questions we have though so be prepared.

I do agree with you that the itinerary name is deceiving for a cruise with one day in Cuba but they are probably going to question some of what we did.

I would also push them for a credit towards another cruise, not a refund as they will be more apt to consider that.

Let us know how you make out. Write to one executive at a time leaving one week in between letters.