Hilton Honors refuses to honor voucher

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 8, 2016
On June 29, 2013, two and a half years ago, my husband and I sat through a time share presentation at Parc Soleil in Orlando. (I was in Orlando for a conference and stayed in a Hilton there. He joined me afterwards. We have used the points awarded us for that stay.) They were not gracious about our lack of interest in purchasing that day. They grudgingly issued us a voucher for the 15,000 Hilton Honors points that had been promised us. However, since then, I have not been able to get anyone at Hilton Honors or Hilton Grand Vacation Club to add them to my Hilton Honors account. Every so often, I will try again--ever the optimist. However, after trying again yesterday, being transferred three times, scanning and sending the voucher, they again refused to honor it. Can you help? I have included the voucher in the email I sent to you earlier.

Mar 8, 2016
1. They have no way to track it (?). 2. They don't normally give vouchers like this. (?) 3. It was so long ago (the latest).

Aug 28, 2015
New York
Are you certain the presentation you attended was connected to Hilton? Just bc it occurred in the hotel does not mean it was sponsored by Hilton. Also, I would be very surprised if even legit points would still be honored past one year. Finally, I don't think 15k points will do anything for you anyway. What did you mean that you used the points awarded for your stay?

Mar 8, 2016
Are you certain the presentation you attended was connected to Hilton? Just bc it occurred in the hotel does not mean it was sponsored by Hilton. Also, I would be very surprised if even legit points would still be honored past one year. Finally, I don't think 15k points will do anything for you anyway. What did you mean that you used the points awarded for your stay?
Yes. It was a Hilton Grand Vacations presentation. Please note--I have been trying for two and a half years--I did not start trying after two and a half years. I realize it is not a lot of points--but what does that matter? And the reference to the points I used were from a stay just before that presentation but not related to it. I referenced it because it has confused the people I spoke with at HGVC and Hilton Honors consistently. They were two separate point accruals, but they would try to tell me I had already used the points they were also telling me they didn't know anything about!

Mar 4, 2015
@Bec , Write to the first Executive Contact in our Company Contacts for Hilton:
http://elliott.org/company-contacts/hilton/

Let them know that you submitted this voucher a long time ago and the delays in getting this resolved have been on Hilton's end.

Allow them a week to respond. If they don't respond or if you are not satisfied, appeal to the next executive contact, and so on.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
It states on the voucher that they are Hilton Honors points.
Be sure and incl a clear scan of the full certificate (front & back if needed) with all correspondence.
Please of course your HH Acct #

If they once again try to say you have already used these points then ask them to "Show You" the monthly stmt where these were added to your account. I'm assuming you have downloaded a History of you HH Acct and there is no matching credit.

Aug 28, 2015
New York
Yes. It was a Hilton Grand Vacations presentation. Please note--I have been trying for two and a half years--I did not start trying after two and a half years. I realize it is not a lot of points--but what does that matter? And the reference to the points I used were from a stay just before that presentation but not related to it. I referenced it because it has confused the people I spoke with at HGVC and Hilton Honors consistently. They were two separate point accruals, but they would try to tell me I had already used the points they were also telling me they didn't know anything about!
Got it. Sometimes these companies are so shady they may call themselves Hilton or Hyatt something and not even be related. I would leave out the whole issue of using points for that stay bc those are yours to use and have no connection to the ones that you want posted. I once used an airline credit for a different route and the company kept insisting I used it for another ticket on the same route. Long story short, most companies are unable to sort out these kind of particulars. It is usually best to give them as little info as possible so as not to cause them confusion. They are easily confused:)
Start over and don't mention the used points. I hate to belabor the issue, but it can also be possible that even if the presentation property has the same company name, that still doesn't mean that it's points distributions must be honored by a different branch of the company. It seems these folks aren't recognized by Hilton. This gives you leverage to alert Hilton to the fact that points are being granted on its behalf. I am certain Hilton will be interested in this and want to make it right. Follow the company contacts method suggested. Someone will reach out to you.