HERTZ VANCOUVER AIRPORT CLAIMING DAMAGED VEHICLE--NOT TRUE

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 15, 2016
Hertz #1xxxxxxxx--I rented a vehicle with Hertz at Vancouver International Airport on April 29, 2019. I returned the vehicle at around 4:30 am on April 30, 2019. I am so sure that there was no damage to the vehicle when I dropped off the vehicle when I returned that early morning. I dropped off the key in the mail slot because there was no attendant and the office was still closed.
I was really surprised when I received an email from Hertz Vancouver stating that there was damage on the vehicle. I explained to the station manager of the Hertz Vancouver Airport agency that I left the vehicle exactly as explained to me when I rented the vehicle the day before, and I was told by the manager, Dawn Gondos, and she told me to make a statement and this file will be closed. I thought that was the end of it.
I said there was no damage nor any incident when I returned the vehicle.
Here's a copy the email from Hertz

RA# 9xxxxxxxx

Damages were found on the rental vehicle left front bumper at time of return on April 30, 2019 at Vancouver Airport.

We understand you returned early and may not have been able to report directly.

All incidents in BC must be reported to insurance regardless of damage or liability.

If you can please complete the attached form and send back to me it would be appreciated, as the rental is pending close for reporting.

If you are unaware where or when this occurred; as possibly while parked please provide details in your statement.

Thank you

I asked Hertz to show me footage of their CCTV on that morning because I know I did not do no any damage to the vehicle.

Months have passed, and I agreed to provide insurance information to Hertz and file a claim on my American Express collision damage waiver coverage. American Express paid part of the bill but refused to pay the Administration Fees, the balance of which is about $200.-300.

I refused to pay the bill because I know that I did not cause the damage and this administration fee of Hertz is not damages Hertz has suffered. This is all nothing but extra revenue for the car agency.

Note: Edited by a moderator to remove reservation number and claim number

Last edited by a moderator:

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Did you take photos of the car at pick up and drop off to show the condition?

It is remotely possible that the car might have been hit or damaged after you dropped it off. You are responsible for damages if you drop off after hours. What damage did they say occurred?

Insurance never pays admin. fees but you can request they waive the fees. We have a thread on how to handle these types of claims.

Reactions: smd and VoR61

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
This might help you in the future:

Reactions: Comicman

MAZ

Dec 10, 2020
Did Hertz ever send you pictures of the damage that they said that you caused?
You must have had some response from Hertz in order for American Express to pay the collision damage waiver.
Neil is right, insurance will not pay for the admin fees and you may have to pay them or go through Hertz to ask for them to be waived.
Use the company contacts to contact Hertz. Start at the bottom of the list and work your way up.
Are the administration fees the only thing Hertz wants at this time? do they want more money to make this go away?
Make sure that you know every fee and dollar amount that Hertz Vancouver Airport is asking you to pay before you start your email chain to the Hertz

Reactions: VoR61
Apr 15, 2016
Did you take photos of the car at pick up and drop off to show the condition?

It is remotely possible that the car might have been hit or damaged after you dropped it off. You are responsible for damages if you drop off after hours. What damage did they say occurred?

Insurance never pays admin. fees but you can request they waive the fees. We have a thread on how to handle these types of claims.

No, I did not take photos. I never expected that this was going to be a problem.

Apr 15, 2016
This might help you in the future:

It may be a little late, but thank you anyhow.

Apr 15, 2016
Did Hertz ever send you pictures of the damage that they said that you caused?
I have asked for the CCTV or pictures to prove the damages, but Hertz never provided anything.
You must have had some response from Hertz in order for American Express to pay the collision damage waiver.
American Express paid the claim within a week, but refused to pay the administrative fees. I told American Express that I am disputing this claim. American Express paid the claim anyway.
Neil is right, insurance will not pay for the admin fees and you may have to pay them or go through Hertz to ask for them to be waived.
I have been asking for Hertz to waive those administrative fees.
Use the company contacts to contact Hertz. Start at the bottom of the list and work your way up.
Are the administration fees the only thing Hertz wants at this time? do they want more money to make this go away?
1609743658920.png
Make sure that you know every fee and dollar amount that Hertz Vancouver Airport is asking you to pay before you start your email chain to the Hertz