Hertz/Dollar Claim

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 27, 2018
My situation is similar but also different. Hertz/Dollar apparently does not want to deal with small claims, and are not cooperating with resolving the damage that I caused to their vehicle with my insurance. Instead of providing me the documents I need to have the claim paid, they turned me over to a collection agency after 28 days. I returned the vehicle on April 4th and was surprised to get a call from Viking Billing today, collecting a debt on behalf of Hertz. I did not actually speak with the bill collector but according my research done online, this is how Hertz goes about collecting for damages. They don't have anyone internal who handles these issues. Can anyone give me some advice here? I am planning to call the collection agency back in the morning. As of today, I have yet to see a bill from Hertz/Dollar and no one in their office has ever attempted to contact me before turning this over to a collection agency. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
So you damaged a rental and want to put a claim in with your insurance but they are not sending you what you need?

Use our company contacts and write to Hertz Corporate offices. Read the info on the Company Contacts Page on how to write and escalate first.

You need to deal with the Corporate offices, not the local office to get things done.