HERTZ DNR

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 26, 2018
I do recommend some proofreading so I will assist with that. Believe me, I understand it can be difficult as my parents are immigrants and I only wish their English was as good as yours. I am doing this on my phone so bear with me:

I am writing this email to you for your assistance in removing me from the DNR list. I am a longtime Hertz customer and I had achieved President’s Gold Plus reward status.

I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy and value being a Hertz customer. There is no rental car company in the country better to serve its customers than Hertz. I really appreciate the rental privileges provided by Hertz. I have tried many other rental companies but there is no other rental company that can match Hertz in terms of customer service, rental options, and range of cars in inventory.

On April 20, 2018, there was an unfortunate miscommunication that happened between myself and and a Hertz employee. I wanted to express my regrets that my actions/words may have caused any discomfort for the Hertz employee. I am a legal immigrant in this country. My first language is not English and it’s a limiting factor in my communication when I am talking to people. I may end up using strong language unintentionally because of my inability to choose the right words.

I totally apologize from the bottom of my heart if my communication has caused any hurt to the employee. I have had very great customer service from Hertz in the past. It’s one of the greatest rental car companies in the world. I totally value and enjoy being a loyal Hertz customer. Other than the incident in April I have never complained to customer service.

I want to remain a member of the Hertz family and a loyal customer for life. In this regard I kindly pray and request that you remove me from the DNR list. As everybody gets one chance in life to redeem oneself I think I should be provided one chance as well.

I hope you will help me out in this regard.
Thank You so much ADM for your help.

May 26, 2018
I think your letter is fine. I would just make this minor change:

My first language is not English and it’s a limiting factor in my communication when I am talking to people. I might come up as using strong language unintentionally because of my inability to express in the right words.
Thank You Neil . I will make that change.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I do recommend some proofreading so I will assist with that. Believe me, I understand it can be difficult as my parents are immigrants and I only wish their English was as good as yours. I am doing this on my phone so bear with me:

I am writing this email to you for your assistance in removing me from the DNR list. I am a longtime Hertz customer and I had achieved President’s Gold Plus reward status.

I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy and value being a Hertz customer. There is no rental car company in the country better to serve its customers than Hertz. I really appreciate the rental privileges provided by Hertz. I have tried many other rental companies but there is no other rental company that can match Hertz in terms of customer service, rental options, and range of cars in inventory.

On April 20, 2018, there was an unfortunate miscommunication that happened between myself and and a Hertz employee. I wanted to express my regrets that my actions/words may have caused any discomfort for the Hertz employee. I am a legal immigrant in this country. My first language is not English and it’s a limiting factor in my communication when I am talking to people. I may end up using strong language unintentionally because of my inability to choose the right words.

I totally apologize from the bottom of my heart if my communication has caused any hurt to the employee. I have had very great customer service from Hertz in the past. It’s one of the greatest rental car companies in the world. I totally value and enjoy being a loyal Hertz customer. Other than the incident in April I have never complained to customer service.

I want to remain a member of the Hertz family and a loyal customer for life. In this regard I kindly pray and request that you remove me from the DNR list. As everybody gets one chance in life to redeem oneself I think I should be provided one chance as well.

I was going to do this but decided to just edit that one Line because he is saying the language barrier might have caused the employee to react incorrectly. I thought sending a perfect letter might cause whoever read it to say “what language barrier”. But that was just my opinion.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I am writing this email to you for your intervention and help me out in getting me off the DNR list. I have been renting the car from Hertz from the past so many months. I have the President’s Gold plus reward status.

I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy of being the Hertz customer. There is no rental car company in the country better to serve their customers than Hertz. I really value and enjoy the rental privileges provided by Hertz. I have tried many other rental companies but there is no other rental company which can match Hertz in terms of their customer service, rental options and range of cars they have in their inventory.

There was some miscommunication happened between me and one of the Hertz employee on April 20th. I wanted to express my regrets whether my actions/words have caused any discomfort for the Hertz employee. I am a legal immigrant in this country. My first language is not English and it’s a limiting factor in my communication when I am talking to people. I might come up as using strong language unintentionally that I really mean to, because of my inability to express in the right words.

I totally apologize from the bottom of my heart if my communication has caused any hurt to the employee. I had very great customer service from Hertz in the past. It’s one of the greatest rental car company in the world. I totally value and enjoy of being Hertz loyal customer. I have never ever complained to customer service barring one incident on April 20th.

I want be part of the Hertz family and be a loyal customer for life. In this regard I kindly pray and request you to lift me off from the DNR list. As everybody gets one chance in life I think I should be provided one chance as well.

Awaiting a favorable response.
This is an excellent letter, Ravi. Perhaps add the date, location and name of the employee who became unglued. Other than that, I wouldn't change a word.

Apr 10, 2017
I was going to do this but decided to just edit that one Line because he is saying the language barrier might have caused the employee to react incorrectly. I thought sending a perfect letter might cause whoever read it to say “what language barrier”. But that was just my opinion.
He could preface the letter with this:

Since English isn't my first language I had someone proofread my letter to correct any spelling and grammatical errors.

May 26, 2018
Hi Guys,

I got this regret email today. What are my options now?

Dear Mr.,

Thank you for your e-mail to Greg Crum. He has asked that I review your concerns and respond to you on his behalf.

We have fully reviewed your history with Hertz and you request to be removed from the Do Not Rent list. Regrettably, our decision remains the same. You will not be removed from the Do Not Rent list.

Thank you for the opportunity to review this matter.

Yours sincerely,

Sharon Rose
Executive Customer Services
https://www.hertz.com

Mar 17, 2015
I am not sure you have any more recourse. Companies can choose to or not to do business with a person, with a few exceptions. Like @johnbaker said, go find a business that wants yours. Sorry your letter did not work.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I agree - you need to find another company and take this as a learning experience. Car rentals do not “refresh” cars when you extend the rental period. You just keep the car and need to clean or refresh it yourself.

You also don’t want to bring a car back in a condition that a quick vacuum and spray can’t fix because they may charge you a cleaning fee if you do.

May 26, 2018
Hi Neil,

I am trying to understand. Does it mean that I can't go to the next level in the contacts list provided on the website. Do you think I should stop it here and not try for the next level.

So if anybody is on the DNR list there is no way it can be removed and it's for life?

May 26, 2018
Hi Guys,
I still think I am not at fault. Since I am in DNR for life at Hertz. Please let me know where I can post my incident in the social media other where others can also learn/know from this incident.
I am grateful to everybody for all the members in the forum who helped me with their suggestions.