• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 7, 2021
I've been using my Hertz business account otherwise know as a CDP to rent. Have done this successfully as well as shared it with associates to use as well. It got me decent discounts each time I rented as well as other benefits. One of the benefits included in using a business account is free rental days, which is sent in the form of a physical paper voucher to the account owner's mailing address. I've used these vouchers a couple of times successfully, I've also shared one of them with an associate of mine to use once. Then, one day I get notified at the local hertz as well as by mail from hertz that I've been suspended forever otherwise known as being put on the the do not rent list. In their words due to using fraudulent methods to receive a discount. Just to recap, I've been receiving these vouchers by mail and still have the envelopes and even more of these in my car to prove it. Spoke with two people at Hertz and got nowhere....

Dec 19, 2014
Can you provide more information about your situation? These questions are direct, but your answers are important in dictating HOW you should write to Hertz for reinstatement

1) Do you have an actuall business with a TAX ID number associated with your name?
2) Have you posted the CDP number in ANY public forum on social media to encourage others who are not associated with the business to use?
3) Has anyone who has used the CDP number have "issues" with a rental? ie. a user of the CDP number have unresolved billing issues, violate rental agreement, etc.?
4) Has the CDP been suspended or are you personally on the DNR list?

Again, the above answers will be useful in advising you on how to move forward.

Last edited:

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
We have company contacts for Hertz you can write to and see if they can tell you why your account was suspended:

This is how to write- please read this thoroughly and write as instructed.

Reactions: VoR61

kenish

Sep 1, 2015
KSNA
Hertz went Chapter 11 (reorganization) in May 2020. No doubt they are scrutinizing every discount, company, and customer. It's possible that you were "pushing the envelope" or violating a term of your business account Agreement. In the past it wasn't worth their reviewing those accounts....but now they (or their creditors are), and found a violation (either explicit or their interpretation).

Go through each and every term of the Agreement carefully with the perspective of a Hertz bean counter who has incentive to find and eliminate unprofitable accounts. If you find a "gray area", you might appeal using the process in Post #4. If you discover you violated a term, it will take a humble apology for Hertz to consider restoring you as a customer. You may not be successful, and probably won't get your business account back unless you can prove you own a legit business. FYI, Hertz is completely revamping their business model so it's very possible your type of account will be eliminated for everyone.

I have a business account (Hertz invited all employees of my former employer to enroll). I've only used it once for personal travel because Hertz rates are usually not competitive. I would not be surprised to get notified the program is being cancelled or my account will be due to lack of use.

Jun 24, 2019
I have Hertz CDP numbers from a number of professional groups to which I belong. These numbers are not secret.

My Hertz profile includes a CDP number from a professional group. As best as I can tell, thee are over 100,000 people entitled to use that number. It can be found in a Google search.

Reactions: AMA and VoR61
Jun 24, 2019
This post reminded me to update my Hertz account, as my license was recently extended and my credit cad numbers are different.

I have 4 CDPs attached to my account. Three are from professional associations. One is from Marriott, probably because I have a Marriott Rewards account.

OP should concentrate on the "do not rent" aspect.

kenish

Sep 1, 2015
KSNA
OP should concentrate on the "do not rent" aspect.
I agree.

CDP's are widely available. I could use one to reserve a car at the discounted rate. The rental car company can require proof of affiliation when you show up and the online reservation process often says you will be asked for proof, but I'm not aware of anyone ever being asked. I make legit hotel reservations for the AAA rate and the hotel's reservation site says to present my AAA card at check-in. But I've only had to show the front desk my card a few times.

Could the issue be the paper vouchers? Are they transferrable to anyone else, or did that other person pretend to be you (business card, etc)? If so, maybe it was discovered if the other person got a traffic ticket, etc. which had their real identity.

Reactions: AMA and Neil Maley

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I agree that the CDP thing is "everywhere". I suspect your gift of a voucher to an associate might have triggered something. Perhaps your business associate should have had his own CDP? But how would Hertz know? When I book a hotel with an AAA discount, nobody ever asks me to verify it. At any rate, Hertz' rental rates are usually awful ... next time you need a rental, do a search with AutoSlash or some company like that, find out who has the best rates for that particular trip, then book directly with the company. I belong to Costco, visit the store about twice a year, but rent all my vehicles through them. The consistent savings are well worth the cost of the membership.

Reactions: AMA
Dec 19, 2014
@jsn55 @kenish @SoCalTraveler
Yes, CDPs are everywhere, but from the description the OP gave, it sounds like he was using the Small Business Rewards program which assigns an unique CDP to the business.

How does a company earn Free Rental Days in the Business Rewards Program?

• The company's travelers must use the company's unique Business Rewards CDP # when booking Hertz reservations.
  • Enrolled companies will earn one credit for every qualified paid rental day.
  • Accumulate 15 rental credits and earn one Free Rental Day certificate.
  • New accounts receive 10 credits just for enrolling.
  • Earn double credit for all rentals completed during the first 90 days of your enrollment.

This is not the same CDP that you use for AAA, Costco, AARP, etc.

You get a free rental day certificate for 15 rental credits. This is a unique CDP that is intended for small businesses and @Neil Maley has already posted the link to the terms and conditions.

Nov 27, 2019
Historically, pretty much anyone could get a CDP for their small business, upon request. Some people made their CDPs widely available on the web, on the basis that, even if a very small % of the people who saw them used the CDP, that would still generate a lot of "rent 15x, get a free day" credits for the CDP holder. Hertz historically ignored this, even though the CDP was technically only for the use of that business. Also, some people had a sideline in selling these free day coupons. generation1, did you ever sell those free day coupons, or do anything similar?